Juan Kinnish
Anonymous
Unregistered

Juan Kinnish
Well done Juan on winning the Ducati monster championship at Oulton Park today, in the superbikes Hizzy won the 1st leg and Steve Plater the 2nd leg.
01-09-2002, 09:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Juan Kinnish
can anyone explain the correct pronunciation of the name of the aforementioned?
Fred Clarke persists in saying "Jewan", whereas I thought it should be "Hwan"
02-09-2002, 12:11 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes Congratulations Juan !! I stand to be corrected but i think Freds right ? I spoke to Juan at Knockhill and he pronounced it the way Fred said it ???
cheers Stella
02-09-2002, 12:15 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fred's pronuncation of Juan is correct 'Jewan'. I have tried countless times with the other commentator Gary Gardiner but he always gets it wrong. The programme didn't help at Oulton either, that said 'Number Juan Again' It is a tireless battle to get the manx pronunciation!!!

Juan was delighted to wrap up the title yesterday, his first British National Title. Let's hope further opportunities will arise from it.

Thanks to the two fellas at Oulton yesterday who stood opposite the rostrum ceremony with a huge Manx Flag shouting 'Championi'!!! Just finished the day off fantastically!

Big thanks have to go to Des Collins of Team Wilson & Collins who supported Juan in this championship.

Dawn (Juan's girlfriend)
02-09-2002, 02:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Dawn i was a bit embarressed after plucking up the courage to say hello and pronounced it as in Don Juan !!! Hope you all had a good celebration, Well Done again.
cheers stella.
02-09-2002, 02:39 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes a brilliant day for Juan yesterday at Oulton Dawn but i will let you into a seceret it was myself and Barnsie with the Manx flag,were did i get it? well my friend Juan from the IOM sent it me and if you remember we also had it at the May meeting, will take it to Mallory in 2 weeks.
02-09-2002, 05:16 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Pykey! I said to Juan it might be you with flag!! Won't be at Mallory...funds running tight so doing the Celtic Match Races here on the Isle of Man instead. Maybe catch you at the last one at Donington.
03-09-2002, 01:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dawn,if you see The LORD MAYOR OF CASTLETOWN ,ask him if their is anything missing off the townhall.

cheers barnesie.

05-09-2002, 10:21 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

So long as it didn't come from Laxey, as Juan's Dad IS the Lord Mayor of Laxey!!!! You boys!!
09-09-2002, 10:05 AM