SPLITLATH CHASING SILVERSTONE SILVERWARE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SPLITLATH CHASING SILVERSTONE SILVERWARE
[Image: splitlathhdr.jpg]

SPLITLATH Motorsport head to Silverstone this weekend hunting a Mirror.co.uk BSB-Evo Championship podium as the series enters its penultimate round.

Karl Harris will be joined by the now fully-recovered John Simpson, who will make his British Superbike debut at the historic Northants circuit. Simpson, who joined the team at the end of August, has been unable to make the grid for the last two rounds after picking up a shoulder injury in a Supersport crash at Cadwell.

The 20-year-old from Antrim, Northern Ireland, has a lead of 80 points in the Fuchs-Silkolene Supersport Cup with the T3 Racing Triumph team and hopes to wrap up the title this weekend. But he admits he is equally excited about lining up for his first Superbike race.

“I probably could’ve ridden at Donington but we decided it was better for me to sit it out and concentrate extending my lead in the Supersport Cup,” he said. “I can hopefully wrap the championship up at Silverstone but if I don’t I’ve got enough of a lead to relax a bit now and really enjoy my first Superbike race.

“I tested at Silverstone a few weeks ago and I was far happier with the bike there than I was at Cadwell, so I can’t wait to get out and see how we come on. It’s going to be a great weekend. I joined the team in August but haven’t been able to race yet, so I am very excited about making my Superbike debut.”

Harris meanwhile, is determined to come home with at least one piece of Silverware on Sunday afternoon. After a luckless weekend at Donington Park earlier this month he is looking to make amends this time out.

“I’m ready for a good one, I’m feeling happy about this weekend and I think we should be looking at a podium all things being well,” he said. “The team have been grafting hard and we’ve got some new engines so I’m confident we can get a couple of decent results.

“I love Silverstone, it’s a cracking track and I’ve had some great results there over the years so I don’t see why we can’t get a couple of good races in this weekend.”

Team Principal John Dimbylow is looking forward to having a two-man team again.

“I think we’re all excited about having Johnno back this weekend and seeing how he can get on in his first Superbike race.

“We had a few problems at the last round but the team have worked long and hard to get the troubles ironed out. Karl is determined to get on the podium this weekend and it’s a sentiment shared by all of us. We’ll go and do the best we can.”

22-09-2011, 02:09 AM
Website Find Reply