Honda TT Legends qualify in the top ten at Le Mans 24-hour
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Honda TT Legends qualify in the top ten at Le Mans 24-hour
[Image: hondalegendslogo.jpg]

The second and final qualifying session of the Le Mans 24-hour ended today with an impressive performance from Cameron Donald that saw the Honda TT Legends rider finish fourth in his group. The team’s combined average lap time of 1:40.283 will see them start tomorrow’s race from 10th position on the grid.

Donald was the last of the Honda TT Legends to head out on the famous circuit for his 30-minute stint after John McGuinness and Keith Amor secured 11th and 22nd respectively in sessions plagued with red flag stoppages. All three riders improved on yesterday’s times and Donald achieved a new personal best at Le Mans with a 1:39.017 lap.

The team will now get some all-important rest ahead of tomorrow’s 24-hour race, which begins at 3pm Central European Summer Time.

Cameron Donald

I’m very happy. We’ve made some more changes and the bike is working brilliantly, I feel very comfortable on it. I’m a little bit disappointed because I think I could have got another fast lap at the end there but that’s the racer in me taking over – you always want to be quicker! I just need to get a good night’s sleep now, then bring on race day.

John McGuinness

We all went a bit quicker today and we’ve qualified in a reasonable position. I was a little bit disappointed with my own session. I had a lot of vibration in the back on my qualifying tyre and it turned out the bike had spun the tyre on the wheel, so I didn’t get the best crack at it. I did a 1:40.5 on the race tyre, which is the fastest I’ve been all week. We’re in the top ten, we’ve got a half decent race pace and a good package so hopefully we’ll bring the bike home safe in the end.

Keith Amor

There was a lot of craziness going on, there seemed to be bike in the gravel at every corner. I went a little bit faster than yesterday so I’m happier. If we can find another half a second in the race I’ll be pleased as that is where I want my race pace to be. I am still struggling with my injury from the TT and I’m not physically strong enough at the moment to wrestle the bike around but I just need to settle into the race, find my rhythm and see where we go from there.

For live timing please visit www.lemans.org The race will also be shown live on Motors TV.
24-09-2011, 03:06 AM
Website Find Reply