Sponsored Sidecar ride in Australia
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sponsored Sidecar ride in Australia
Thank you to the many people that responded to my offer of a sponsored ride on my F1 Sidecar in Australia. Perhaps I did not make myself clear enough in my initial post. I would like to take this oppourtunity to clear up what seems to be a few doubtful points.

a. AIRFARES - Some of you seem to think that I am an eccentric millionaire with money to burn. Im sorry to dissapoint you, but I am afraid you will have to pay for the airfares to Australia yourself. I am a impoverished privateer racer. I can't afford to fly you, your passenger, your entire family and your dog from the UK to Australia to race on my machine.

b. Accommodation - Im sorry asking me to book you in to a hotel near the Sydney Harbour Bridge is out of the question unless you wish to pay for it yourself.

As I said in my previous post.....The offer is to ride the sidecar in a round of the Aussie Titles as my guest. the things that I will pay for are as follows:

a. Entry fee for Australian Championships,

b. Fuel, Fresh Tyres, oil, and chains for the sidecar,

c. Accommodation will be at my house in Sydney,

d. Pick up from the Airport,

e. The use of a car for sightseeing,

f. Meals while at my house, and

g. A Passenger or indeed a rider, (me) if required.

There are also some things that you will have to provide:

a. International Race Licence, or an endorsement to race in Aussie from Motorcycling Australia.

b. Leathers, helmet, gloves, boots back protector, etc

c. Your own Airfare,

d. Yourself......That's about it.

The Idea was to give someone the chance to race overseas, a chance that they, more than likely, would not normally have the chance of doing.

Realistic questions will be welcomed. This is a serious offer. I hope someone takes me up on it.

Regards,

John Swensen
<A HREF="mailto:sidecar81@yahoo.com">sidecar81@yahoo.com</A>

03-09-2002, 12:39 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Come on guys
Come on....the holiday of a lifetime...if I had the cash I'd go...maybe the lottery will come up this week. Where's me leathers.....
03-09-2002, 08:47 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Sponsored Sidecar ride in Australia
Read all about this offer in the newly updated article by John, by clicking on the link below.

Read The Article Here
03-09-2002, 12:37 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Come on guys
Fingers and toes crossed for that Lottery, Helen. Wouldn't we have a great time...oh, yes, and there'd be the racing too.
03-09-2002, 10:08 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Come on guys and gals !!!
Now thats what i would call a Bonza ? girls night out !!!
cheers Stella
03-09-2002, 11:47 PM