Seeley leads the standings as Wilson dramatically retires
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Seeley leads the standings as Wilson dramatically retires
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
[Image: bsbsupersportlogo.jpg]

Alastair Seeley took his fourth double victory of the Fuchs Silkolene British Supersport Championship season at Silverstone. After battling with rival Ben Wilson over the opening laps he edged ahead of the title leader before the Gearlink Kawasaki rider suffered a technical failure on the penultimate lap as the title goes down to the wire at Brands Hatch.

Seeley said:

"They always say anything can happen in racing - we went out to win and we can't ask for more than that. The team have given me a great bike, I've learned the bike and the tyres and it is getting better all of the time. I had to work hard early on in the race, having my hand taken off the bars by one of the Triumph guys. But it was a case of chipping away, not letting Ben get away from me. I kept pushing on, got ahead and then it was case of keeping it going. When he stopped it was a case of just keeping going to the end."

Paul Young took the lead on the Oxford TAG Triumph on the opening lap from Ben Wilson, Jack Kennedy and Christian Iddon, but Seeley was charging though after a slow start off the line to move up the order to end the opening lap in third.

Wilson took the lead from Young at Stowe whilst Seeley moved up to third at Farm as the title protagonist targeted his second win of the weekend. A lap later Seeley hit the front of the pack as he barged ahead of Wilson at The Loop. The Gearlink Kawasaki rider then regained the lead into Brooklands as the pair resumed their on track fight from yesterday's Sprint race.

A lap later and Seeley drafted by down the Hanger Straight and on the brakes into Stowe to put the Relentless Suzuki by TAS ahead and then Wilson made his move on the ninth lap at Copse to hit the front again. By the start of the tenth lap Seeley was ahead but it was disappointment for the Gearlink Kawasaki team as Wilson suffered a technical problem that now puts him 14 points adrift of Seeley who has taken the championship lead.

Sam Warren had moved to third but he also suffered a technical problem and that promoted the battling Oxford TAG Triumphs to the podium with Christian Iddon and Paul Young completing the podium. Luke Mossey just missed out on the podium in fourth with Matt Whitman in fifth.

Fuchs Silkolene British Supersport Championship, Silverstone, Feature race result:

Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS)
Christian Iddon (Oxford TAG Triumph) +4.376s
Paul Young (Oxford TAG Triumph) +6.506s
Luke Mossey (Smiths (Gloucester) Racing Triumph) +14.805s
Matt Whitman (Smiths (Gloucester) Racing Triumph) +18.475s

Fuchs Silkolene British Supersport Championship standings after Silverstone:

Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 405
Ben Wilson (Gearlink Kawasaki) 391
Billy McConnell (Oxford TAG Triumph) 220
Paul Young (Oxford TAG Triumph) 208
Sam Warren (Bike Interceptor Yamaha by Seton Tuning) 167

26-09-2011, 02:20 AM
Website Find Reply