Toye To Race World Superbike-Spec Paul Bird Motorsport Kawasaki ZX-10R At Macau GP
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Toye To Race World Superbike-Spec Paul Bird Motorsport Kawasaki ZX-10R At Macau GP
[Image: 2011macaugphdr.jpg]

After finishing third at the Macau Motorcycle Grand Prix last year, American Jeremy Toye has set his sights on the top step of the podium for 2011, securing a ride with two-time Macau winning team Paul Bird Motorsport on one of its World Superbike Kawasaki ZX-10Rs.

“It’s the PBM factory World Superbike Kawasaki – basically Tom Sykes’ bike,” “They actually said, it’s fairly well-sorted bike, and it’s easy to ride. It’s a World Superbike, so everything is ultra-adjustable. So they say within a day, they’ll be able to adjust everything and get it where we want it.”

Toye also has received the go-ahead to use Dunlop tires instead of the World Superbike spec Pirellis, and Dunlop has agreed to provide Toye with tires for the event, agreements that were important to him.

“I’ll be on my favorite tire brand again. Them [Paul Bird Motorsport] accommodating that is huge,” Toye said.

Negotiations to secure the ride took additional time after Kawasaki announced that it would not renew its agreement with Paul Bird Motorsports for the 2012 World Superbike season. For the past three years, Paul Bird has run the factory-backed Kawasaki team in that series. Paul Bird Motorsport had to secure permission from Kawasaki to keep the World Superbike machines through the Macau event, scheduled for November 19.

Toye’s ride is sponsored by Paul Bird Motorsport, Kawasaki and Dunlop.

Paul Bird won last year’s event with Stuart Easton aboard a ZX-10R. But the Scot was badly injured in a practice crash for the North West 200 road race earlier this year. Toye finished third last year at the Macau GP, shocking regulars with the speed of his Lee’s Cycle-developed, Roadracingworld.com-backed BMW S1000RR.

This year, Toye said, “I’m going over there for the top position.”

The BMW also is going to Macau, scheduled to be ridden by CCS Florida Known Fast Guy Sean Dwyer, who raced at Macau for the first time last year.

26-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Website Find Reply