Inspirational performace from Motorpoint young guns
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Inspirational performace from Motorpoint young guns
[Image: robmacracinghdr.jpg]

Two great battling races from both Tommy Bridewell and Alex Lowes lifted the spirits in the Motorpoint Yamaha pit box this weekend at Silverstone.

After a tough season the team needs two strong weekends to wrap up on a high, both riders delivered their best for race day and gained more confidence on the Yamaha R1.

Alex Lowes 7th race 1 12th race 2

“Looking back I would wish for more but to be honest it has been a great weekend, making a mess of the start in race one did not help, but I worked hard to come through from 18th to 6th, I think I worked the tyres hard and had to settle for 7th but felt I learned lots about the bike. It’s good to see the team buzzing as they have had a tough year; I want to take what I have learned this weekend and give the team a great finale at Brands in two weeks time”

Tommy Bridewell 12th race 1 8th race 2

“A much better weekend for me, Donington was tough for us all and I am really pleased to be able to turn things around this weekend, it is only my third ride on the bike so I am starting to feel like it is my bike and to understand how it works! I am really up for Brands and want to give everything for a strong result to take into the winter off season”

Rob Mac Team manager

“A whole different weekend to what we have had to put up with this year! Both riders giving 110% and getting some rewards, we need to keep this momentum into Brands and finish strong for all our partners. Well done to both Tommy and Alex they are both learning a new bike at a time when the rest of the pack are on fire and riding at their best on familiar machines.”

30-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Website Find Reply