Points For Lascorz And Sykes In France
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Points For Lascorz And Sykes In France
[Image: kawasakiwsbhdr.jpg]

Joan Lascorz put in two solid points scoring performances at Magny Cours and moved up the overall rankings while Tom Sykes found problems in race one and no scored in the second 23-lap race.

Lascorz was much improved in qualifying this weekend and started each race from tenth on the grid, riding well to post eighth and then a battling seventh, holding off another rider at the line. Joan is now 11th in the championship, on 142 points, with one round and two points scoring races left to go this year.

After some great rides in both qualifying and races recently Sykes had high hopes for his Magny Cours raceday. He had been sixth in qualifying, but was disappointed by the performance of his tyre in race one, and dropped from a top four position in the early laps to tenth as other riders passed him at will, and Tom did not have the available traction to fight back.

In race two he fell under braking on the opening lap, when trying to avoid another rider. Sykes is now 13th in the rankings, on 133 points.

Roberto Rolfo scored points for 13th in race one on his Pedercini Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R but he fell in race two, at turn 16. Mark Aitchison (Kawasaki Pedercini Team) had a massive high side crash in race one but fought back to ride again in race two, only to retire in the pits.

Joan Lascorz:

“I used the same tyre as in race one but the tyre was used up more in race two. It made things more difficult for me, the second race more so than the first. I moved up a bit in the championship and that was good. Overall this weekend had been less difficult than at some other circuits but the second running was definitely more difficult for me. Normally they say that the higher the temperature is the better for this tyre choice, but it did not seem like it this time.”

Tom Sykes:

“We had no grip from lap one of race one, and I was surprised that the lap time was over half a second slower than we had been doing on the same tyre all weekend. Over race distance it was horrendous. Even in the sector where I had been strongest all weekend I was about eighth or ninth. I cannot get downbeat about it and I felt I could have held my own within the top four. For half a lap in the second race the grip was fantastic. It put me to where I knew I could perform. I was happy on that side of things but when I followed Checa into turn 14 I think he decided to brake a bit harder and square the corner off, and I fell without any warning. Magny Cours is probably my worst circuit on the calendar but we were right in there in almost all the sessions, so that is a positive thing to take away, no question of that.”

02-10-2011, 09:18 PM
Website Find Reply