MICK SKENE
Anonymous
Unregistered

MICK SKENE
I would like to take this opportunity to say what a pleasure it was working with Mick Skene at this years MGP.
Very rarely in this or any other sport to you come across a person of such immense talent without an immense gob to go with it.
Mick was ultra professional at ALL times, and gradually progressed throughout the fortnight on the bike.
He is a man who has time for everyone, always polite and never a bad word about any one, even when I felt some did deserve a bad word!!

When Mick won the Junior race it was THE most emotional time I've had on the IOM, as he totally deserved it! When he told Budgie and I after the Senior that he was retiring I was over the moon! Usually when a rider retires he gets talked out of it (I should know), but in Micks case it was the best decision and one that I feel the whole team were hoping he would make.
So once again WELL DONE MICK!!!
IT WAS GREAT!!!
Russ

07-09-2002, 05:59 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: MICK SKENE
Yep, he's a real hero, and you will never hear a bad word said about him. All the sidecar guys at Knockhill last weekend were so chuffed for him. What a perfect racing career he has had. Goodness knows what he could do if he went on, but he has nothing left to prove. Happy retirement, and happy times with the family, Mick.
We'll have to find another talented Scotsman for you to look after, Russ!
07-09-2002, 06:18 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good luck to Mick on his retirement,and thanks.
Better judges than me,say given the right tackle,he could have finished in the top six in TT2003.
07-09-2002, 07:57 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Top6, apparently his times at the MGP would have put him 2nd in the 600 TT so I've been told.
No doubt someone will confirm this for us.
(User Above) Wrote::-)

08-09-2002, 07:59 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

As the wife of one of Micks team-mates, I have to agree with everything that Russ says and more. Mick is a very talented and unassuming racer who was a pleasure to spend time with. Good luck for the future Mick and well done yet again. Hope to see you next year Russ, and a big thanks to Martin Bullock for being such a fab sponsor.
09-09-2002, 08:29 AM