RELENTLESS SUZUKI - GOING TO BRANDS TO WIN
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RELENTLESS SUZUKI - GOING TO BRANDS TO WIN
[Image: relentless2011hdr.jpg]

The final round of the British Superbike series takes place this weekend at Brands Hatch in Kent with both Relentless Suzuki by TAS riders Josh Brookes and Alastair Seeley still in the hunt for Superbike and Supersport Championship honours.

Both classes have the added attraction of three races: one for each class on Saturday and two races for each on Sunday October.

Brookes - fresh from his Silverstone race two victory - still has a mathematical chance of taking the British Superbike crown and will be gunning for no less than three wins this weekend on his GSX-R1000 Superbike.

In the Supersport class, Seeley - aboard the new-model GSX-R600 - has turned a 50-point deficit into and 14-point lead after four straight wins without reply at Donington Park and Silverstone. The Carrickfergus rider now has nine wins in the Supersport class this season from 17 podium finishes.

Josh Brookes:

"It's just a case of going there and doing the same thing I do every weekend. Preparation is the same even though it's the last round, but we all know how important it is as it will affect the final standings in the Championship. The boys have fine-tuned the bike a little to find some more horsepower and we can try that on Friday. We have good settings from the last time at Brands and coming from Silverstone I'm carrying some decent confidence as well. The weekend really kicks off on Saturday, which is going to be a big intense day and physically trying. Then on Sunday it's the normal two races and we'll be looking for more wins."

Alastair Seeley:

"Well we're going to Brands to win the Championship - that's the only goal this weekend. We've been to Brands GP already this season so hopefully that gives me a psychological advantage after our double in August. I've been working it all out and I can't afford any slip-ups, so I won't be taking my eye off the ball. At this time of year there's a possibility of rain so we're prepared for that as well and the bike has been built from scratch with a new motor. I'm looking forward to it; it's going to be very exciting and will probably go down to the final race; just like the BSB series. That's what the fans want. I'll pretty much be going out to do what I've been doing all year and that's chasing race wins. I've won Championships before so I know how to deal with the pressure, although I'm sure there will be a few butterflies on the grid, both on Saturday and Sunday."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"It's certainly going to be an exciting weekend for everyone. We've had our ups and downs at Brands but it's also been good to us. We are feeling fairly optimistic in both the Superbike and Supersport classes. Josh finished on a high at Silverstone and hopefully that confidence will carry through to Brands. The team has continued to work on the overall package of the GSX-R1000 for him so a repeat of Silverstone race two would be welcomed.

"As we all know, Alastair has been playing catch-up all year in Supersport, but now things are pretty even after both him and Ben are equal on mechanical DNFs and crashes. Thankfully Alastair has a slight advantage in points coming into the final three races, but we will be putting nothing to chance. The bike has been re-built from top-to-bottom and we're really looking forward to those three races. The whole team are well up for it."

05-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Website Find Reply