Seeley versus Wilson in triple header Supersport decider at Brands Hatch
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Seeley versus Wilson in triple header Supersport decider at Brands Hatch
[Image: bsbsupersportlogo.jpg]

The intense rivalry between Fuchs Silkolene British Supersport Championship contenders Alastair Seeley and Ben Wilson is renewed for the final time at Brands Hatch this weekend (7-9 October) as the title goes down to the wire in the triple-header decider.

The pair have battled all season for the advantage in the championship and following a dramatic round at Silverstone Seeley and Relentless Suzuki took the advantage as Wilson crashed and suffered a technical failure on the Gearlink Kawasaki. Wilson's nightmare weekend means he arrives at Brands Hatch with a 14 point deficit, but knows that with a maximum of 75 points available from the three races that the title chase is far from over.

Seeley said:

"We are going to Brand Hatch to win the Championship. We've been to the circuit already this season so that gives me a psychological advantage after our double in August. I always knew it was going to be a big ask to close Ben down earlier in the season but what happened at Silverstone changed it all around and we know that could happen again. Ben will obviously want to turn things around this weekend and I am sure it will be another big fight between us. We need to keep pushing and keep up the momentum now. I know how to deal with pressure, so hopefully we can leave Brands Hatch as champions on Sunday."

Wilson said:

"I was really down after Silverstone. But I have had time to mull things over and realise it is still possible for me to regain my position as things change; it doesn't take much and we could be back up the front. It will be a difficult job but I am always up for a challenge and will give it my all in each race. Alastair may have the advantage of a 14 point lead but the pressure is all on him now. The championship is his to lose and mine to win."

Seeley and Wilson have their sights set on the all-important victories that could make or break their championship hopes but they will still have to contend with the challenges from Oxford TAG Triumph's Billy McConnell, Paul Young and Christian Iddon who have all been podium contenders. Sam Warren, Luke Mossey and Jack Kennedy will also be determined to end their season on a high.

Fuchs Silkolene British Supersport Championship standings ahead of Brands Hatch:

1. Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 405
2. Ben Wilson (Gearlink Kawasaki) 391
3. Billy McConnell (Oxford TAG Triumph) 220
4. Paul Young (Oxford TAG Triumph) 208
5. Sam Warren (Bike Interceptor Yamaha by Seton Tuning) 167
05-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Website Find Reply