Seeley wins to become British Supersport champion
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Seeley wins to become British Supersport champion
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
[Image: bsbsupersportlogo.jpg]

The Relentless Suzuki by TAS team are celebrating as Alastair Seeley lifted the Fuchs Silkolene British Supersport Championship title by a single point after scoring the final race victory of the season from fierce rival Ben Wilson on the Gearlink Kawasaki.

Seeley said:

"It is a great feeling to have won the title for the Relentless Suzuki team. I knew I had to try and pull away from Ben and we had a good race; I am sure we swapped paint in that one! I rode my own lines and just kept pushing hard and it was enough to win the race. I can't thank everyone enough for their support; it has been an awesome season and we have had some fierce competition between us all year. We will be celebrating tonight!"

The pair started the race with Seeley taking the hole shot off the line but Wilson was attacking instantly and he took the lead on the brakes into Druids. Wilson then held the lead for the next two laps as the chasing Relentless Suzuki by TAS rider was putting the pressure on his rival. On the third lap Seeley attempted to make a pass up the inside at Surtees but his Gearlink Kawasaki rival defended hard and wouldn't give an inch.

A lap later and Seeley attempted the move again but this time he made it stick as he moved up the inside at Surtees. Wilson wasn't prepared to settle for second and he fought his way back through at Hawthorns before Seeley retaliated with a move at Clearways. Seeley then was able to edge out a margin to win the race and take the title victory by just a single point from rival Wilson who finished second.

Wilson added:

"I am just gutted to have missed out by a single point. I feel that I lost the championship as I threw away some points this year. It has been a great season and I need to thank the Gearlink Kawasaki team for all their support."

Jack Kennedy returned to the podium with a third place from Christian Iddon and Luke Stapleford, whilst it was the Oxford TAG Triumph of Billy McConnell that secured third in the standings from team-mate Paul Young. Sam Warren and Christian Iddon ended the season in joint fifth place.

[Image: seeleybrands2011.jpg]

Fuchs Silkolene British Supersport Championship final:

Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS)
Ben Wilson (Gearlink Kawasaki) +2.384s
Jack Kennedy (Colin Appleyard/Macadam Racing Yamaha) +5.585s
Christian Iddon (Oxford TAG Triumph) +5.773s
Luke Stapleford (Profile Bournemouth Kawasaki) +13.041s

Final Fuchs Silkolene British Supersport Championship standings:

Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 450
Ben Wilson (Gearlink Kawasaki) 449
Billy McConnell (Oxford TAG Triumph) 254
Paul Young (Oxford TAG Triumph) 237
Sam Warren (Seton Interceptor Yamaha) 191
Christian Iddon (Oxford TAG Triumph) 191

09-10-2011, 06:18 PM