SCORCHING SECOND FOR HARRIS AT BRANDS HATCH
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SCORCHING SECOND FOR HARRIS AT BRANDS HATCH
[Image: splitlathhdr.jpg]

SPLITLATH Motorsport leave Brands Hatch with their first piece of well-deserved silverware of the year after Karl’ Bomber’ Harris finished second in today’s first Mirror.co.uk BSB-Evo race.

Harris and the team ended the season on a high after the he grabbed both his and the squad’s first podium of the year at the Kent track this afternoon.

The Sheffield rider was flying solo after team-mate John Simpson lost a chunk of his finger in a crash on Friday afternoon. As a result he was unable to take part in any further track action this weekend.

After finishing Saturday’s race fifth, Harris was fast from the outset this morning, ending warm-up eighth overall on a wet track. But the weather had cleared up by the time the pack headed out onto the grid for the day’s first race, as he lined up 21st overall and fifth in Evo.

At the green light he made one of his trademark quick getaways, and crossed the line third at the end of the opening lap. He held his position all the way to Lap 11, when the WFR Honda of Glen Richards which was running in second place, crashed out.

This promoted Harris to P2, and he kept his head down for the remaining nine laps to take second in Evo and 10th overall at the chequered flag.

“That was great, it was an amazing race where everything worked perfectly for us,” he said. “I was a bit gutted initially when the track dried up after warm-up, but we had a really good bike and great race pace there today.

“It was the perfect way to end the year. We’ve been close a few times but this was a great result. It was hard work out there but I knew we were capable of getting it in the end. I’m over the moon with that.”

Unfortunately race two wasn’t to prove as successful, when tyre troubles hit his Aprilia RSV4 midway through the race and Harris was forced to just ride it home as best he could. He crossed the line sixth. Both races were won by the WFR Honda of Graeme Gowland.

Team Principal John Dimbylow was delighted at Harris’ result this afternoon.

“Wow, that was amazing. Karl rode that bike like a demon out there and he really deserved that result.

“All season we have been working incredibly hard and to get a second place and our first podium here at the final round is the perfect way to end the year. This is a fantastic result and it is testament to the hours and hours of time and work this team have put in.

“I have to thank everyone involved in getting us here today – Peter Clifford, Sam Parry, Andy Jamison, Russ Cowling, Max Tobin, David Nicholson, Simon Clark, Peter Ward, Zoe Burn and Mic Archbold as well as everyone else who has contributed in any way.

“From here we look forward to the future with our exciting new plans, and we can’t wait to come back bigger and better in 2012.”

09-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Website Find Reply