BSB finale hailed as ‘Race of the Decade’
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BSB finale hailed as ‘Race of the Decade’
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

The final MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship-deciding race of the season has been hailed in today's MotorCycle News as the 'Race of the Decade' as Tommy Hill and John Hopkins were embroiled in an immense battle for supremacy for a maiden crown, with the pair separated by just 0.006 seconds when they crossed the finish line at Brands Hatch last weekend.

Following the final race of the 2011 season several riders from both the MotoGP and World Superbike paddocks praised the show put on by Hill and Hopkins in their quest for title victory.

2009 BSB champion Leon Camier declared: "How awesome was the BSB on Sunday! Me and Simon Crafar were screaming at the TV jumping round like idiots! It was also an awesome comeback by Josh Brookes and the title fight took away how good Shakey and James Ellison rode!"

Ducati MotoGP rider Nick Hayden also watched the races ahead of the Australian MotoGP round this weekend and also posted on Twitter about the action.Haydon said: "I just watched the last lap of the BSB race. WOW that was a race. Congrats to Tommy Hill and it sucks for Hopper that somebody has to lose."

[Image: brandsfinale.jpg]

World Superbike contender Marco Melandri was another international rider who witnessed the sensational last lap decider. He added: "What a big show at the weekend in BSB. Thanks for the big fun to Tommy Hill and John Hopkins. It was a spectacular competition in British Superbikes so thank you to the boys!"

Melandri's team-mate Eugene Laverty who was trackside supporting his brother Michael with the Swan Yamaha team said: "That was some epic racing. Big congratulations to Tommy Hill and Alastair Seeley for winning the British Superbike and Supersport titles."

Newly crowned World Supersport champion Chaz Davies was also supporting the Swan Yamaha team and added: "How good were the BSB and BSS races?! Congrats to Tommy Hill. I watched race three in the Swan Yamaha garage and the atmosphere on the last lap was unreal!"

James Ellison was part of the intense battle for the final podium position and the Sorrymate.com Honda rider said afterwards: "I had the best seat in the house and believe me TV didn't even show just how tough that last lap was, insane moves by both Tommy and Hopper."

13-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Website Find Reply