Edwards confirms 2012 CRT set-up
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Edwards confirms 2012 CRT set-up
[Image: forwardracinglogo.jpg]

In Thursday’s press conference at Sepang the American rider ended speculation over what set-up his new Forward Racing team will run in 2012.

Colin Edwards confirmed on Thursday that he will ride a BMW-powered Suter machine for the Forward Racing team when the 2012 season starts next April.

The American announced he would be joining the Forward Racing team at the start of September, committing his vast experience and knowledge to the CRT project. There had been much speculation that Edwards would run a Yamaha engine inside a chassis developed by his current Tech 3 team, but he dispelled any doubt prior to this weekend’s Shell Advance Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix.

“At the beginning I just said we’d run a Yamaha engine and a Tech 3 chassis because that was my way of putting some pressure on some guys, and they obviously didn’t care what I thought because they said no!" joked Edwards.

“It will be a BMW/Suter which is what I signed for in the beginning, and I’m happy to be working with those guys,” he continued. “We’ll have to go out there and work and test. It’s probably not going to be competitive in the first race, maybe not in the last race, but we’ll work extremely hard to build it.”

An advocate of the CRT concept, Edwards added: “It’s a new adventure and it’s a lot of work, our sport has a dream and a vision. Everybody wants to see closer, competitive racing in MotoGP like it is in Moto2… Somebody has to start it.”

21-10-2011, 10:34 AM
Website Find Reply