Last Race Of Loris Capirossi’s Career At Valencia
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Last Race Of Loris Capirossi’s Career At Valencia
[Image: capirossiheadshot.jpg]

The final round of the MotoGP world championship will take place this weekend in Valencia, following the tragic loss of Marco Simoncelli in Malaysia. It will be the last race of Loris Capirossi’s career, as the premier-class veteran has decided to retire.

Fabiano Sterlacchini – Pramac Racing Technical Director

“Unfortunately, Valencia take on a new meaning after what happened in Malaysia. Anyway, we have to honor the last round of the season. The Valencia track isn’t particularly technical, so it shouldn’t be difficult to identify the right setup for the bike. It will be an unusual race for Loris, as it will be the last of his career. It was supposed to be a party, but no one will feel like celebrating anything.”

Loris Capirossi

“It will be difficult to be in the paddock without Marco, as everyone will miss him. No one will feel like going on the track, but we have to do it for him and for all fans of motorcycle racing. It will be my finalrace, and I still don’t know what will be going through my head, but I want to do it as well as possible.”

Randy De Puniet

“I share Capirossi's thoughts; it will be really difficult to race at Valencia without Marco, but part of our job is to continue on. I’ll try my best to finish off the season with a good result.”
01-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Website Find Reply