Márquez to miss Valencia race
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Márquez to miss Valencia race
[Image: motogplogo.gif]
[Image: moto2.gif]

Unless the Spanish Moto2 rider experiences a last-minute turnaround in his physical condition, he will miss the final round of the season this weekend and therefore be unable to fight to the end for the 2011 title.

Following a medical check-up at the USP Institut Universitari Dexeus in Barcelona today (Wednesday) it was confirmed that Marc Márquez will be unable to compete in this weekend's Gran Premio Generali de la Comunitat Valenciana.

The 18 year-old Team CatalunyaCaixa Repsol rider missed the penultimate race of the campaign in Malaysia after crashing in the opening practice session at Sepang. Suffering from vision problems he was unfit to race in Round 16, and whilst his visit to the USP Institut Universitari Dexeus earlier today revealed that his sight has improved he was deemed not yet fully recovered to be able to ride in Valencia.

Márquez will however be present at the circuit this weekend in the eventuality that he does experience a last-minute improvement.

“It is a shame, because I was looking forward to competing in Valencia,” said Márquez. “With the injuries one can do nothing, especially with it being a sight problem. It is nothing serious, but we need more time. If it was the shoulder I could make an effort and ride, but without perfect sight we can't take risks. If I couldn't see, even for one moment, I could put me and other riders in danger.”

Márquez, who trails Championship leader Stefan Bradl by 23 points, added: “We can't be very optimistic, but the doctors said there's a small chance I could be better, so we'll see. If it doesn't (improve), it will be a shame to miss the last race in Valencia in front of our fans, but we will be happy anyway with the season we did. We can't do anything about it and now we should only think about improving.”
03-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Website Find Reply