Capirossi pays tribute to Simoncelli and sets top-five time
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Capirossi pays tribute to Simoncelli and sets top-five time
[Image: motogplogo.gif]

The Italian rider is running the number 58 on his Pramac Ducati this weekend in tribute to his friend.

Loris Capirossi, running the number 58 this weekend at Valencia in honour of Marco Simoncelli, finished day one fifth fastest at Cheste with a best effort of 1’46.108, set in the morning session.

Both sessions were run on a wet track, with the afternoon conditions worse following further rain. Randy de Puniet was seventh quickest of the day with a best time of 1’46.371.

[Image: capirossi58bike.jpg]

Loris Capirossi:

“It was an honour to ride with Marco’s number on my bike. Apart from that it was a tough afternoon. The tyres didn’t work so in the final minutes we had to use my tyres from this morning. They were a bit worn but I still managed to improve my second-session time by three seconds. I’m happy with how the morning went, and I’m very optimistic for tomorrow. We can do well.”

Randy de Puniet:

“I’m satisfied. This morning the track was quite dry, more towards the end of the session and I ended in seventh place. In the afternoon I did well on the wet track, finishing the session with the seventh best lap time. The feeling with the bike is good, and I hope it is tomorrow as well. There is a good opportunity to end this season with a good result, and my thoughts are with Marco and his family.”

05-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Website Find Reply