Emotional final race for Loris Capirossi
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Emotional final race for Loris Capirossi
[Image: pramaclogo.jpg]

The Gran Premio Gernerali de la Comunitat Valenciana was the last race of Loris Capirossi's glorious 22 year career, as the Italian retires at the season close. The MotoGP veteran was extremely moved at the conclusion of the race, crossing the line in ninth place.

The Pramac Racing Team thanks Loris for all the excitement and emotion he provided all season, and sends their rider wishes of luck for his new future.

Fabiano Sterlacchini - Technical Director Pramac Racing Team:

"This difficult season is now finished. It was the umpeenth unfortunate race for Randy after the good results earlier in the weekend. Loris was doing well, but at the end he didn't feel like pushing because of the rain. It was a pleasure work with him, and I wish him all the best."

Randy De Puniet:

"I'm angry, disappointed, and sorry. This has really been an unfortunate season. Bautista's fall caused my crash and three other crashes. I was convinced that I would've had a good race. I wanted to end this season in the best way possible. It was a pleasure to be Capirex's teammate in his final season."

Loris Capirossi:

"What can I say, now it's really finished. The race was complicated by the rain, and in the last laps I couldn't push because I risked crashing. I wanted to end my career in a good way honoring Marco. I gave my best. Thanks to all the people that have supported me. Now I'm retired!"

[Image: capirossivalencia.jpg]

07-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Website Find Reply