Mackenzie joins KTM for British 125GP title assault
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Mackenzie joins KTM for British 125GP title assault
[Image: redlinelogo.jpg]

Tarran Mackenzie is targeting a maiden British title as the son of three time British Superbike champion Niall joins Redline Motorcycles in the British 125GP championship onboard a KTM RC125 for 2012.

The Loughborough-based Redline Motorcycles deal puts Tarran on a new KTM RC125 - an identical machine to that used in the talent-nurturing Red Bull Rookies championship. He already has two seasons experience in the class and finished 13th overall in 2011, with a best result of fourth. The youngest son of triple British champion Mackenzie, has already tested the KTM at Mallory Park and was instantly impressed.

Redline Motorcycles make their return to the BSB paddock after a season away from racing, with experience in the Super Duke Battle, RC8 Super Cup and the Superbike class in 2010 with the RC8 R.

The KTM RC125 will be prepared by Ryan Saxelby of Sheffield-based RS Racing and the British 125GP championship campaign will spearhead the dealer's racing efforts in 2012, which will also include other disciplines of road racing and off-road competition.

[Image: mckenzieredline1.jpg]

Tarran said:

"I'm really excited about this. The bike had never turned a wheel when we tested and it still exceeded my expectations - it's very fast. I'm just gutted we've got such a long wait until the start of the season!"

Tim Walker, owner of Redline Motorcycles, said:

"KTM and racing are two massive parts of my life. I've been speaking with the Mackenzies for years about working together and the timing is finally right. As soon as Tarran rode the bike he wanted to be part of this project. He's ready to progress, we've got the right machinery for him to do that and Redline KTM are out there to be contenders."

The team will test again in the New Year before the season kicks off at Easter at Brands Hatch.

02-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Website Find Reply