Race Entry Fees
Anonymous
Unregistered

Race Entry Fees
With the cost of track insurance rising and tracks being run as a business,isn't it about time that entry fees for competitors was increased ? i know it would be unpopular amongst diders but its only fair.
09-10-2002, 03:47 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Race Entry Fees
Here we go again if you had a brain you could be dangerous whoever you are?
09-10-2002, 03:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

pykey

dont know what your on about but..promotors on short and road circuits are complaining about a lack of money so why not make the competitors pay more as the races are run for them and there getting the most enjoyment out of it.simple really.
09-10-2002, 04:31 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

09-10-2002, 05:55 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

stella

no one forces anyone to race.guys race to entertain themselves and its an expensive hobby for most racers.no one owes any racer anything.when i go to play golf golf i dont expect anyone to pay my fees,buy me golf test tickles etc.i enjoy motorcycling but the racers are selfish and shouldnt complain about costs.im not getting at you but just pointing a few things out.
09-10-2002, 08:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

09-10-2002, 08:25 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, right, whatever,.........suggest you crawl back into the Bunker that you came out from. Prefferably until sometime in early spring ??????
09-10-2002, 08:35 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

ammo

does anyone force you to race ?? i would like to race speed boats but they cost hundreds of thousands,cant afford that so i dont.

stella your to closely involved in the sport to think straight..have a drink,relax and think more and be more open.
09-10-2002, 09:11 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

To closely involved you say ? Perhaps your right, but its given me 30+ yrs of pleasure, three great sons i can be proud of, and friends that money cannot and could not buy !!
cheers Stella !
09-10-2002, 09:37 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

stella

pleased for you.
09-10-2002, 09:44 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can you name another activity where the protagonists pay to entertain the public ? I think we have to dig into our pockets to support these riders that are entertaining us and if you follow the roads you get your moneys worth. Apologies to Pykey, Ade or who ever said those words but they are 100% right.
09-10-2002, 10:38 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oliver

racing is great entertainment...but the riders aren't paying to entertain us but themselves.when guys like Johnny Rea no longer enjoy it they quit and couldn't care less about spectators.look at clubmans racing in ireland about 100 fans turn up,racing would continue if no fans turned up.racers race to entertain themselves and are lucky that fans turn up,pay entrance fees and enable races and riders to obtain sponsorship.
the fans are critised but without them were would racing be ??
the fan is king !!
09-10-2002, 10:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just got to get into this one. I know that clubmans racing may well go to the wall in Republic(Southern) Ireland since the only circuit is Mondello Park whose management does not want to permit racing which does not bring in a viable gate. Next year Mondello Park will have Sunday only racing(With one exception BSB in case I get a frivolous reply).
The terms for Sunday racing are that the circuit takes ALL the gate money plus a hire fee of Euro 3000. On top of this the club will have an insurance premium of Euro 1200 (if they are lucky). Add these figures together and you will see that if there are 100 entries the first Euro 42 from an entry fee goes to expenses, where does the club find a prize fund??? Sorry there is an answer screw the riders for sky high entry fees. When I mention insurance this is only Third Party insurance, riders have to purchase their own personal insurance. Forgetsies Riders also have to buy a bike, spares,parts which wear out regularly(tyres, brake pads etc.)transporter fuel etc.
Sadly I know of one rider who had a terrible fatal accident working his butt off to afford to race.

Have a thought for the riders and their loved ones who support them and as Stella said we have all made some wonderful friendships which no amount of money can buy.

This is not a criticism of the clubs who exist to organise races but a criticism of someone who has Foot & Mouth disease i.e. opened their mouth and put their foot in it.

Regards,

Big D.
P.S. By the way my pseudonym is well known but to put the matter straight I was christened Derek Mason and I don't hide behind Big D but more people know me as Big D.
10-10-2002, 12:12 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Big D

Solution is for the riders to race where they can afford and if they can't,don't.No one is owed anything.
The owners of Mondello spent alot of money on the track and deserve a return.The world is a tough place.
10-10-2002, 01:11 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

In view of the response to my reply I wonder how we are going to encourage clubman riders, the future of our National racers if can't give them the experience of racing on a circuit - or do we just accept that when the National riders retire we will see the end of racing. Clubman racing allows for riders to compete against their peers and those who show promise can update to National class racing.

On the analogy of golf I would like to point out that I appreciate that golf can be very expensive but that is merely a way to keep up the snobbish attitude of golf clubs were the social stigma is more important than the game. My son was put up for junior membership of a golf club and was turned down, several juniors were admitted that year who didn't know a wood from an iron!! however they were of the correct social standing. My son eventually was poached by the club when he broke another course record!!!
Do we want to make our sport exclusive to those who could afford exhorbitant costs and miss out
on the potential Joey Dunlops, with respect Joey came from a fine family background but I don't think there was a big nest egg behind him which could have underwrote his racing.

If you wish to see the end of racing as we know it keep up your good work!!!

Big D.
10-10-2002, 05:36 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

10-10-2002, 08:02 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

ammo

Cant recall saying Donnington made a loss or even talking about Donnington.If you have a probelm with Donnington,go see the manangement and they might show you their accounts.Best I can do for you.I hope they didnt wrong you.

Big D

Perhaps the MCUI should try harder to raise money to help the Racers with costs or buy their own circuit.Although Billy Nutt isnt to popular with race fans maybe he is the man to run racing in Ireland on the short circuits.He has ideas and drive.
10-10-2002, 09:24 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

"opened their mouth and put their foot in it." - Big D.
Was he doing yoga ?
10-10-2002, 11:07 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

why do any of you answer this pillock [and no, i don't mean you david]? read his earlier posting and it says "look at clubmans racing in ireland about 100 fans turn up,racing would continue if no fans turned up" to which is added later " the fans are critised but without them were would racing be ??
the fan is king !!" so which is right? the boy's a fool, ignore him. and no, mrs smith, or whatever nom de plume you're using this week i ain't answering any more of your inane drivel, so don't bother with any more of your seriously unclever smart alec remarks. you're a plank.
ade! [my real name. my real e-mail address, no yellow streak down my back!]nite nite.

10-10-2002, 11:58 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Please ignore this unfunny clown *NM*

11-10-2002, 07:37 AM