TT Circuit Guide
Anonymous
Unregistered

TT Circuit Guide
What a BRILLIANT DVD the new Duke Video TT Circuit Guide is !!

May I recommend this to all readers and hope you will all feel as I do--

Introduced by someone who, for a change, talks normally and coherently, the DVD has it all--Geoff Duke, with superbly recorded oldy film which is as clear as if it were modern, David Jefferies and Ray Knight and the whole shebang..

After more than 50 years at the TT, even I found much I hadn't seen (yet) and I am positive this DVD/video will become one the most popular that Duke has ever produced..

EXCELLENT INDEED
17-10-2002, 09:34 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: TT Circuit Guide (2)
Who is this man Charles Guard--Why has he not broken cover before ??

Very nice introduction, sir
17-10-2002, 09:36 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Charles Gaurd is a song writer, composer,film maker, (as in flights over IOM) political commentator, member of the planning commitee,member of manx national heritage, advert maker,works for manx radio,and god knows what else but he does come over very well in the early radio features of manx history which are being repeated on manx radio at the moment and i belive he has published books on manx history.
And his big mistake was the Manx National Anthem on a computer for Steve Colley when he finished in a podium position which was probably the worst thing he ever done
IS THAT ENOUGH INFO
17-10-2002, 11:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Charles Guard wrote songs for Paddy Moloney the leader of the Chieftains. The record is called, "Avenging and Bright" by Claddagh Records /CC26.
And thanks Ian for the tip I will order the DVD now.
18-10-2002, 02:49 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just a coincidence but i noticed on BBC text last night that Derek Bell from Cheftains sadly died, he was only 67.Great folk band,he will be missed greatly.
18-10-2002, 08:25 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Charles Guard
Thanks---he is BRILLIANT, a great pleasure to watch and to hear---I hope he is on more Duke Videos/DVDs in future !!

I am truly surprised that I have not seen him before, considering all my years involvement with the TT
18-10-2002, 08:08 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Charles Guard does some great work on videos about Manx Railways and a superb job on one about the history of Manx Mining (honestly-I'm serious).

Don, etc., I'm impressed that your tastes run to The Chieftains. Are there any other Irish Folk anoraks out there?
18-10-2002, 10:31 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

John it is a case of too many Injuns and not enough Chieftains as far as I am concerned. Talk about queer tastes? Manx Railways!! I have still got a sore back after sitting on those wooden seats from Ramsey to Snaefell via Laxey.We must go first class next time (perish the thought), honestly there is a piece of wood that catches you in the lower spine which must have been one of the medieval punishments the Isle is famous for. "I sentence you to a day on the Manx railway." Still the views from Minorca to Bulgham Bay are excellent. When I travel on the Bullet train in Japan it feels like the differnce between Armstrong and Columbus still exists in todays world.
19-10-2002, 01:59 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've an wonderful video "The Isle of Man from the air" presented by Charles Guard. It's from Duke-Video. WONDERFUL!!!
Michael
19-10-2002, 06:00 PM