2012 Swan Yamaha to be unveiled at Autosport Show
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
2012 Swan Yamaha to be unveiled at Autosport Show
[Image: tommyhillswanpromo2012.jpg]

Swan Yamaha will take the wraps off their 2012 British Superbike on the Maxxis stand this Thursday at the Autosport Show with reigning champion Tommy Hill and new team-mate Ian Hutchinson on hand to kick-start the new season.

Hill will defend his 2011 MCE British Superbike title, which he won in fine style at Brands Hatch in October, while Isle of Man TT legend Ian Hutchinson will make a return to racing, competing in not only BSB but the three major international road races which comprise the Northwest 200, the TT and the Ulster Grand Prix - all with the backing of new sponsors Maxxis.

"We are delighted to embark on another season in BSB with the addition of Maxxis as one of the team's main sponsors. SMR has been working behind the scenes since the end of the 2011 season to secure the partnership with Maxxis, a relationship that is aimed to deliver success both in the BSB Championship and the IOM TT. We have two of the most committed riders in the country and we are as determined as ever to deliver top results for Maxxis and our other team partners," said team owner Shaun Muir.

Hill added: "At the end of last season after winning the title I was speaking to different teams and looking at the different championships, but I knew I needed to have the complete package. I have a lot of fans in BSB and I think having a British champion trying to hold on to the number one plate is something to get excited about; I certainly am.

"I really wanted to stay with Yamaha and build on the results and our relationship. The Swan Yamaha team have won one BSB title but now we are looking at how we can improve so we can do it again. The consistency with the team is very important and they have already started looking at what we can do to move forward again."

Hutchinson said: "Next year is definitely a big one for me and I have never been looking forward to a season so much. I am glad that I had the opportunity to race at the end of this year as I have always had faith in my own ability but I just needed to prove to any doubters that I could still race. I have wanted to race in BSB for several years."

11-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Website Find Reply