Successful Supersport Test For Kawasaki DeltaFin Riders At Valencia
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Successful Supersport Test For Kawasaki DeltaFin Riders At Valencia
[Image: kawasakiwsbhdr.jpg]

Kawasaki’s factory supported DeltaFin Supersport World Championship team completed a two-day test at Valencia today and will now head to Australia for more pre-season preparations in optimistic mood.

The riding duo of double World Champion Kenan Sofuoglu and new WSS force Sheridan Morais lapped the Spanish track in cold but otherwise fine track conditions, with Sofuoglu the quicker of the two, posting a 1’37.0 lap time; 0.3 seconds up on Morais.

Sheridan, who achieves a long held ambition to be a Kawasaki factory rider this year, made some profound front end set-up changes today, after working through various suspension options in his previous tests with the team. He improved his best time by around a second compared to his opening day pace.

Sofuoglu, returning to WSS racing after a year in Moto2, is still working on the optimum chassis set-up for his riding style but has been impressed by the engine performance and electronics package on his Ninja ZX-6R machine.

Regular lap times were consistently into the 1’37s for each rider at this test, despite relatively cool track temperatures, and now each is keen to take part in the official Infront Motorsports tests at Phillip Island, on 20 and 21 February. Race weekend itself will take place between 24 and 26 February.

Kenan Sofuoglu:

“We did a lot of testing on the bike because this is only the second time I have ridden it and it is very different to what I used to ride. Step by step we are getting better and better, understanding more things all the time. The bike has good power, very good power, and the electronics also give us an advantage. I found a new rear shock setting today and that is helping me to use even more of the engine power, so that made me really happy. I have just come from Moto2, which has lighter bikes, and that was very different. My team are working really well and really quick to help me find the way with the bike. Now we go to Australia for the final test and that will be very important for me because there I will see everyone’s speed. Also, the control tyres are different from two years ago. It looks like our lap times have been fast, and consistently very fast, considering the cold weather conditions at Valencia. I think we have had a strong start to 2012.”

[Image: sofuoglutesting.jpg]

Sheridan Morais:

“It went really well, even though I was a bit sick with a stomach bug. We have been consistently in the 1’37 second lap times today with a best of 1’37.3 for me, so it was looking good today. I have been working in one way with the front forks in most of the different days of testing, but I changed today and I improved by almost a second. The electronics we have got pretty much sussed, it is just the suspension we are working on most of all. Our electronics guy really knows his stuff. I am really happy and lucky to have this ride and to be in a factory Kawasaki team is what I have been wanting for ten years or so. I am looking forward to the season now.”

[Image: moraistesting.jpg]

27-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Website Find Reply