KIPPERS
Anonymous
Unregistered

KIPPERS
Have you seen <A HREF="http://www.isleofmankippers.com">www.isleofmankippers.com</A> ??

Now is the time to introduce "smell" to PCs

Great website--Makes me very hungry !!
25-10-2002, 07:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: KIPPERS
We are used to buying a packet of two kippers here in Australia and enjoying them for breakfast much to the dismay of anyone within smelling distance. You either love them or hate them. When I was on the Island my host suggested we have a kipper barbecue, to which my brother and I enthusiasticly agreed. Much to our dismay we were to find out that a kipper barbecue meant, not one but many kippers. The first couple went down ok, then out came the home made brown ale. I have trouble with "warm brown ale" at the best of times, but on the top of a heap of kippers it was very difficult to keep it all down.
The other interesting fact I discovered is that the term "tenter hooks" is derived from the hooks that they hang the dead fish on when they are becoming Kippers. The other interesting thing which has never been answered is: why do the men in the fish shops in the Island wear those funny hats? And why with so many sheep on the Island is lamb so fantasticly expensive. It is a strange place where taxi drivers talk to faries and there are more chips than people.
26-10-2002, 12:01 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: KIPPERS
I have heard a less than popular MHK described as "a kipper" -
"Two-faced and gutless".
26-10-2002, 03:24 PM