BAUTISTA MAKES PROGRESS ON SECOND DAY OF SEPANG TEST
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BAUTISTA MAKES PROGRESS ON SECOND DAY OF SEPANG TEST
[Image: sancarlonewhdr.jpg]

Team San Carlo Honda Gresini rider Alvaro Bautista enjoyed a positive second day of the first preseason testing session in Malaysia today, the Spanish rider continuing to gather confidence with the Honda RC213V, his first 1000cc Grand Prix motorcycle. The majority of today's programme was focused on the first part of the day, avoiding too much track action during the hottest part of the afternoon. The main job was to establish a way forward so that Bautista could gradually improve on his lap times from yesterday and set out a clear programme for tomorrow's final day. It has been a positive test so far and the atmosphere within the team is one of determination and confidence.

[Image: bautistagresini2.jpg]

Alvaro Bautista (2’ 01” 993 – 46 laps)

“The second day of the test has seen us improve our lap times slightly but above all put together a consistent pace over a series of outings. Today I had more confidence with the bike and I was able to push with more conviction, which I am particularly pleased about. We have tried some things with the electronics and some setting solutions that will give us an idea of what we need to do tomorrow. I am sure that we can improve the bike and my riding significantly. Obviously I need to get used to riding a 'thousand' because it has different characteristics to an 800, mainly in that it has more power and you have to use that in a different way. I have been able to see how professional this team is. They are doing a great job so that gives me confidence for tomorrow, when we will try to take another step forward.”

01-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Website Find Reply