CAMIER ON PHILLIP ISLAND WSB 2ND ROW
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
CAMIER ON PHILLIP ISLAND WSB 2ND ROW
[Image: crescentfixilogo.jpg]

Leon Camier will start tomorrow's opening round of the World Superbike Championship from the second row of the grid after qualifying his Crescent Fixi Suzuki in sixth position.

With Superpole cancelled at the Phillip Island circuit due to a fatality in the Australian Superstock 600 race, positions were taken from the previous qualifying session.

Leon Camier - 6th, 1:31.904

"With the problems from yesterday fixed, we began with an older setting we knew worked well and ended with a good base setting. That, coupled with the new Yoshimura engines, gave us a definite improvement. I knew straight away that the engines were stronger. I did a bit of a race simulation in the free practice today and one thing I know is that the heat is going to be a bit of a problem for all of us. Phillip Island is well known for being hard on tyres, especially when the track temperature is very hot. I am really enjoying riding the Crescent Fixi Suzuki GSX-R - I feel very comfortable and I like its character."

[Image: camierpisatphoto.jpg]

Josh Brookes - 22nd, 1:33.384:

"This morning we started with stiffer springs in the front forks, but it made the bike a bit worse, so we went back to our previous best setting. But although the bike was better, it wasn't enough to get into Superpole. With nothing to lose, we tried the forks and set-up John Hopkins used last year and almost immediately I began to get a better feeling about the bike. The very high track temperature and strong winds this afternoon, made it difficult to tell how much further we can improve, but I'm sure I can go quite a bit faster. We'll try some things in the warm-up tomorrow and even in the first race if necessary, but one thing is sure - I'm not giving up."

Jack Valentine - Team Manager:

"We made very good progress today and, with yesterday's issues behind us, Leon qualified in a great sixth place on the grid. Josh found a much better feeling with the bike using John's settings and, knowing him, I'm sure he'll be on it come the races. I think Leon could've improved his grid position in Superpole, but unfortunately it was not to be as it was cancelled due to fatal accident in the Australian Superstock 600 championship race. Leon, Josh and all at Crescent Fixi Suzuki would like to extend our condolences to the family of Oscar McIntyre in their sad times."

Saturday WSB Qualifying:

1 Sykes 1:31.323,
2 Biaggi 1:31.477,
3 Checa 1:31.621,
4 Smrz 1:31.783,
5 Guintoli 1:31.832.
6 Leon Camier (Crescent Fixi Suzuki) 1:31.904.
22 Josh Brookes (Crescent Fixi Suzuki) 1:33.384

(This post was last modified: 25-02-2012, 08:49 PM by Malcolm.)
25-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Website Find Reply