Duke Videos--American Civil War
Anonymous
Unregistered

Duke Videos--American Civil War
Just had the Duke Video brochures land on my door step--Well done Dukes--Great selection--
However I am intrigued to note the addition to the "Sports" videos/DVDs the 3 DVD set of the American Civil War by Ken Burns--
It is a superb series and, frankly, as being both a TT buff AND a Civil War re-enactor, this is quite a chance for me to have both interests fulfilled.....

In passing, could someone persuade Peter Duke to produce the film "Gettysburg" on DVD..I am searching every website world wide to see if there is one available--But only the videos are mentioned---What can you do for me Peter...PLEASE
31-10-2002, 08:02 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Duke Videos--American Civil War
Unfortunately they are unable to produce what they promise let alone special requests. Look at the MGP message board.
31-10-2002, 08:34 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't think we won that one, although on reflection.......
31-10-2002, 09:14 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Duke Videos--RESPECT
It was a war between the Feds and the ConFeds and us lot were not really in the picture--

My answer to the gentleman above is that I personally have a great respect for Duke Marketing--They have been quick in delivery and very willing to advise and let me know if the demand outstrips the supply temporarily--

My "east" wall in my lounge here at Castle Huntly is covered with Duke videos from when they first came out !!

What was the problem ????
31-10-2002, 10:15 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Duke Videos--RESPECT
ian how you doing ? ive had good service from duke to ,but there has been a lot off probs for people who come on this and the other roadracing sites, it could be a dig from them about duke and if it is there not wrong. anyway i have to go now and listen to the best sound in the world the outfit needs setting up ,iam shaking allready just thinking about take care

kev

ps to all you thinking what the hell am i on about you dont need to know
01-11-2002, 11:04 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gettysburgh DVD available here.(Region 1 US)

<A HREF="http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=1052955&style=movie&cart=129790377">http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=1052955&style=movie&cart=129790377</A>
01-11-2002, 02:13 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Duke Videos--Gettysburg
Thanks Sid--My worry is that it won't play on the UK system DVD players--Can anyone advise please ????

I really want a DVD of "Gettysburg" (Been there, got the T-Shirt !!) Is there a way of burning off one to the UK specification---Or would that be NAUGHTY ???

Mr Duke, Can YOU help please, after all, I did push you round the paddock in your pram in 1955 !!
01-11-2002, 09:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Appreciate your problem,Try putting your make of DVD player along with the words "play region 1"in Google search engine,or if you have a DVD player on your computer it can probably be unlocked to play region 1 by downloading a small programme at <A HREF="http://www.computeractive.co.uk/download/1135680">www.computeractive.co.uk/download/1135680</A> .
Good luck!
01-11-2002, 09:35 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks again--Tried the download but it says my system is locked into 2 and cannot be changed

What do you think ??
I do not want to "Blow up" a system that is working perfectly at the moment !
01-11-2002, 09:54 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Worth a try.Short of buying a multi region DVD player I have no further ideas!!!!!!!
02-11-2002, 12:30 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you for your help--I will persevere
02-11-2002, 05:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Could anyone persuade them to release the 2002 MGP video, at this rate we will have to buy it from the Duke shop when we sign on for practice in 2003!!!!!!!!11
03-11-2002, 09:52 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got my catalogue yesterday in the post. Among the compilations advertised is Motogp 2002. As that series does not finish till today, goodness knows when you would get the tape if you were foolish enough to put down your money now.
I remember waiting for my TT video once, and finding one in the video section at Woolworths. Hmmm....
03-11-2002, 10:17 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ian, if you go to a good hi-fi shop, they can usualy sort your player out, most dvd players just have a switch inside that needs moving to "all regions". I know that panasonic/technics players are fixed region and cant be changed. There is a website that has all this information on , If I can find the address I'll e mail it to you. I usualy get my dvd's from halfords, they get them in as soon as Duke release them.

John
03-11-2002, 08:54 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Seems DUKE have a response. Friday, last. 'Its not our fault we are awaiting the master copy so we can put MGP into production'. Someone should inform DUKE that its highly irregular advertising something with a release date of 21 October 2002, taking orders then saying whoops not me mate. Does this fall under some consumer laws????????
04-11-2002, 09:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is this chain what they call "The Gettysburg Address"???
05-11-2002, 05:18 PM