TT HOLLYWOOD MCN today
Anonymous
Unregistered

TT HOLLYWOOD MCN today
Picture this:

A young, financially challenged motor cycle racer enters the TT on an absolute shoestring--In practice, he falls off without injury at Bishopscourt, right under the snooty nose of a titled young engaged lady who in true tradition ditches her intended to concentrate on the efforts(on AND off the TT Course) and gets him so hyped up as to qualify well with a very fast lap----He is all set to win the prestigeous race of the second week when an iceberg hits the Island just north of Sulby and the Island sinks with all fans, there being a shortage of Fishing boats !!

Have we not had something like this before ???

MOTORCYCLE NEWS REPORTS TODAY THAT THE TT WILL FEATURE IN A HOLLYWOOD MOVIE NAMED "TIME TRIAL"-

So will we expect time travel as well-??

Seriously if it is done PROPERLY it will bring the TT to an even wider audience--BUT will it be for the right reasons--

There was talk of perpetuating the story of a famous rider no longer with us but somehow I do NOT think this will be that one...
ANY news please ??
23-10-2002, 07:57 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: TT HOLLYWOOD MCN today
The script is already writ, mate.

Brad Pitt is limbering up, and the word on the boulevards of tinseltown is that Americans win all the TT races, after rescuing the entire Manx Ferry fleet's passengers from certain doom on the King Orry as she is sucked into a whirlpool.

Danny De Vito doubles as Harold Daniell, swearing like a good 'un, in Bronx-ese of course.

Ronald Reagan returns in a cameo role as the race starter, and Jim Carrey is Chief Scrutineer.

But the real scoop is Mike Myers as Phil Read.

Can't wait to see it.
23-10-2002, 09:27 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I hope there is a decent restaurant in the IOM............Manx kippers have a great reputation out in LA, but one needs the correct ambience and company to fully appreciate them, I always feel.

I hear there is a sophisticated social scene at the TT, so I will fit right in.
I am particularly keen to film the Sidecar race. I had a couple of those little devils some years ago, and when I woke up, I was in bed with Betty Grable, so the guys and gels who lap up to 100 or more must have cast-iron livers!! These days I stick to Screwdrivers or Rusty Nails meself.

See you all at the Hilton Douglas 2003 for cocktails , cheerio!

Yours Directingly, Michael.
25-10-2002, 12:08 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh, dear, yes, I remember that night so well....the Dog's Home wasn't it? Such a sophisticated place, with the ambience of wet dog, or was it dispatch riders coats, and the company.....so soignee....
Perhaps you could do a film about the history of the Douglas Bay Hotel...I could play an irresistable starlet, and Bill Smith could be the dashing young TT rider.
I think I better have a wee lie down...too much excitement....

25-10-2002, 12:35 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dear boy! Would there be a part in this epic for a swashbuckling hero with his own plimsolls?
Just back from another last minute rescue of our warring world from its enemies.
Must get out and do the Xmas shop before I head off to East Timor to help out that plucky Ozzie sidecar chappie.
25-10-2002, 12:39 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Further to my piece on TT Hollywood I have been told that sections of old Bing CROSBY films will be spliced into this new epic plus Sandra BALLAUGH (previously Bullock) will be the totty element---

I invite readers to put forward similar actors or actresses who would be "at home" on the Isle of Man---I might even offer a prize if that is alright with Mr Webmaster !!

It will fill these dark evenings--Don't forget to adjust your clocks this weekend
25-10-2002, 07:43 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: TT goes to HOLLYWOOD
At the shop today we have thought of these "Stars" to be involved with a TT Movie ::

"Michael" "Douglas"
Graham "Norton"
"Michael" York
"Craig" Charles
"Kelly" Minogue (!)
"Kate" Blanchett

The moviemakers will of course change ::

Keppel Gate to "Gareth" Gate
and Kirk Braddan to Kirk "Douglas"

Tom Hanks will play err -----Tom Hanks !!

ANY MORE ???
26-10-2002, 05:38 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why is it the Americans have to re-invent everything, is it because they are incapable of winning in real life ? I have seen excellent film/video of 'real actors', David Jefferies, Joey Dunlop, Ian Duffus etc. REALLY doing it. History is history not Hollywood.
27-10-2002, 08:47 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Firstly, I would like to say that I am not related to the Michael Pfeifer who is one of your friends on the site, but he does sound like my kind of guy.
Now, the important thing...where do I audition for the part of Gail Musson?
I am determined to play this part, and, like the late Richard Harris, I will waitress at the table of the producer, and turn up at the house of the director till I get it.
It is true that Julia Roberts has been cast as Hilary Musson? And Bela Lugosi as Eric?
27-10-2002, 03:36 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am very happy to say I will be playing Big D in this epic, but I am not sure that casting Norman Wisdom as Ian Huntly is wise, even if he is a Manx resident. He simply does not have the gravitas for the part.
27-10-2002, 03:39 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Michelle !
It's true that you aren't related to me. You have an F more than me in your name. But do you know the name of my youngest daughter??? Michelle !!!!
Cheers
Michael
27-10-2002, 06:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ah, Michael. I am so flattered.
Perhaps we can star together in this film. You can play yourself, and we can have special campsite secenes.
It is always very important for me to have a love interest in my movies, and Peter Ustinov is just not my type.
27-10-2002, 08:37 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oi !!

27-10-2002, 08:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: TT , The Sound of Music
If anyone sees "The Sound of Music" they will see the Manx Electric Railway in it !!

It is when the kids and Maria are going up the mountain to sing Do-Ray-Me !!
Look next time and you will see the MER car going up "Snaefell"

Seriously though, it puzzles me as to what someone can do with the TT, an epic in its own right..
It will be appalling if we have another "Grand Prix" "Le Mans" "Green Helmet" etc but with motorcycles--
I always thought the simple but enjoyable "No Limit" could be remade, bringing it into the new Millenium--- I and thousands of other true TT fans will not like it if it brings our TT into disrepute just for the sake of a place to make a film cheaply..

Any observations from the Isle of Man people and the true fan like me ??

Norman Wisdom as me, Mmmmm, maybe Mr Grimsdale.
I had hoped for Dale Winton !
27-10-2002, 08:54 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just back from The Ivy; only had to wait three years for a table, amazing what contacts can do.

I had a word with my pal Ray, director of casting, and several snippits were given me, on strict understanding that they were not repeated , of course, so Mum's the word.

Bob McIntyre.................Sean Connery
Joe Erlich...................David Kossof
Dave Croxford................Oliver Reed
Giacomo Agostini.............Zeppo Marx
Barry Sheene.................Harpo Marx
Mick Grant...................Groucho Marx
Big D........................Robbie Coltrane

Some of these people are dead of course, but they will be digitally reborn for the film.
Titling have re-named the TT Races "Island Storm" for better geographical recognition, and banished the climate . Shooting will all be done on Mauritius, with authentic Manx locals in the imported hedgerows.

That gravelly voiced yank chappy has already done the trailer soundtrack, and how important he sounds too.
Will keep in touch, must go for supper .

Michael TT Winner.

28-10-2002, 08:07 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Michelle,

Can't resist this try the 'Real McCoy'.

Big D.
29-10-2002, 10:25 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are you Michael TT Winner, the famous rutter by any chance ?? Suits you, oooh, Sir !
Deep and crisp and even Sir ?
OOOOh !
Old Puuding basins for Goal posts OOOh !
30-10-2002, 09:24 PM