Countdown to Spanish test for WFR Honda
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Countdown to Spanish test for WFR Honda
[Image: wfrhondalogo.jpg]

The WFR Honda team continue with their pre-season test campaign later this week in Spain when Alex Lowes, Graeme Gowland and James Westmoreland return to the track as they bid to get the jump on their MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship rivals.

Following a winter of preparation since their last visit to Europe, the team recently completed a shakedown test at Cadwell Park and now the Evo championship-winning squad are aiming to pick up where they left off and gain more valuable data ahead of the season.

Gowland said:

"I feel really confident ahead of this test as for the first season in a long time it is a case of continuing the hard work we have already put in. We had a shakedown at Cadwell Park and that gave us the opportunity to get the usual minor issues out of the way ready for this test. I felt back at home on the bike straight away and we will only get stronger. For me working with the same crew and having continuity means we know what we need to do now and it means we will work through things quicker compared to last season. It should be a good test for us and I just want to be back on the WFR Honda."

Lowes said:

"This is really the first test for me as we had a shakedown at Cadwell Park a few weeks ago but this is where we can get things started. We have some new parts to test and we can get up to speed on the first day and then go from there. The plan for me is to do some race simulations over longer distances on worn tyres, as I think that is going to be so important this year and will make a big difference - I know that from when I raced in Evo last year. I can't wait to get back into it though and I think we already have a good starting point to get us going."

Westmoreland said:

"It feels good to be back in Spain and getting ready for this next test. We obviously have been out on the bikes already, but since then the team have been working hard and have been finalising some changes. We also have some ideas of where to start when we are back out on track. We can use the first part of the day to get back up to speed and then we can start working through our plan. I definitely just want to get started again now!"

29-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Website Find Reply