03-11-2002, 02:08 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: TT SPONSORSHIP
03-11-2002, 03:32 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

At the risk of sounding like a miserable old tightwad,where does this money go?
If the proceeds go directly to the Helicpter fund or The Joey Dunlop Injured Riders Fund, then fair enough.Otherwise, I shall continue to demonstrate how TRUE a TT fan I am by paying the extortionate fare for the ferry,and turning up year in year out.
03-11-2002, 03:32 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can agree---and disagree...

There are two distict ways of being involved with the TT.
1/ Supporting a rider or two as I have for a number of years which can or can not benefit all concerned--
2/ Supporting oneself to get return to then invest in a rider or two--

Other than that you go to the TT because you want to go and spend.

03-11-2002, 05:29 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Point taken Ian
03-11-2002, 07:49 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I bought an ale and a plate of chips at the Mitre Tavern in Kirk Michael, does this count as sponsorship? I have had my order in for John Foster's promised book of "Tall Tails from the TT" for 3 years now so we want to help.Looks like the only tall tails on the Island are those on the horses that pull the trams along the waterfront in Douglas!
04-11-2002, 10:26 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: TT SPONSORSHIP/SUPPORT
I had hoped to have illicited a bigger response to my Subject--
I am trying to find out where the thin line divides "sponsorship" from "Support"--
This is my point--We all must have supported one or more riders--whether we have our name or company name on the fairing is the argument..
I have supplied fuel,tyres and the like but taken the joy of my rider coming in somewhere between first and last..
To "sponsor" is another definition, which difference should be explored as to WHY--

Do we support or sponsor or is it a combination of the two in differing ratios ??
Answers please--
Will we see "the Witches Production TT" next year ?
04-11-2002, 04:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ian,

To go back to earlier this season when Robert Dunlop got his settlement (and I am not being bitchey) it was noticeable that responsibility for the claim was adjudged equally between his sponsors, the company who sold the faulty wheel and finally the wheel manufacturer.

I wonder if you support a rider(s) does this keep you clear of this situation, there was a great deal of activity of sponsors trying to get insurance cover lest this should occur after the claim, some claimed that they had solved this situation but until another occasion occurs(I hope not) we will not know the truth.

Best regards,

Big D.
04-11-2002, 05:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Derek, if the "support" referred to entails ONLY a financial contribution, I fail to see how that would drag in the contributor to a "Robert Dunlop" situation.

In that particular case, the "sponsor" was also involved in the preparation of the machine, which apparently was found to be defective.

That would appear to be how they got caught in the legal action.

Clear??
04-11-2002, 06:37 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

We need this explained to us all---
Who would be the best person with whom we could consult--
Many complications will come from the Robert Dunlop case and we need to thrash this all out before 2003.....
04-11-2002, 08:54 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was lucky enough this year to benefit from a couple of supporters at the Manx. They were not sponsors who paid the bills but enthusiastic supporters who contributed in their own way towards the fortnight. This ranges from Smokin Jim, Number Seven Racing and the eejits who were waving an Ulster flag at Bradden Bridge, they gained nothing financially from supporting me, but made all the difference to my MGP.

Sponsors are always welcomed, but supporters are always NEEDED!!!!!!!
04-11-2002, 11:37 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ian - I thought that I had explained it!

Email me for further and better particulars, as our legal friends say.
05-11-2002, 12:36 AM