Transponder timing.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Transponder timing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I note that it is reported that the TT will adopt transponder timing for the 2003 TT racing and practice, the transponders to be provided by the riders. It has also been rumoured that Mondello Park will require riders to have their own personal transponder - will these transponders be compatible or will a separate transponder be required for each location?? If the transponders are compatible who will be responsible for the allocation of frequencies which I presume will be unique to each rider?!!

Now for the bad news the TT article states that a separate transponder is required for each machine, is this really necessary or is it a rip-off invented by the providers of the system - providing the transponder is attached to the machine currently being ridden by the rider details of the rider can be recalled from the computer rider files for that class against the transponder frequency(identification).

I wholeheartedly agree with transponder type timing, but come off it organisers, a little bit of effort in composing rider files within the computer
will only require a rider to purchase one transponder - the boffin who writes the computer programme must(should) know this.

What is being suggested is akin to having a different passport for each country visited.

I invite the timing experts to give a good reason for separate transponders per machine!!!

Regards,

Big D.

04-11-2002, 05:39 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Transponder timing.
see <A HREF="http://www.hssports.co.uk">www.hssports.co.uk</A>
and e-mail them--
We need to explore this before we are "told" we need more transponders-
04-11-2002, 08:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

04-11-2002, 09:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

05-11-2002, 12:40 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

05-11-2002, 12:54 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Stella,

If your son was not racing at the same meeting there was no good reason that you shouldn't lend a transponder, providing the organisers were informed in good time that this transponder was being used by Joe Bloggs. The only reason I could think you wouldn't be allowed to lend a transponder would be that the operators of the system did not know how to use the system fully or failing that they were lazy and didn't want to change the 'rider files'.

Big D.
05-11-2002, 01:04 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

05-11-2002, 01:19 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Derek and Harvey, Yes that was the problem, Roger thought he had a malfunction with the transponder and we were gonna swap but i was told "no go" Rogers transponder was working in the timekeepers office but the light wasn`t showing on the transponder. Turns out he hadnae paid his electric bill ??? Just joking !!!! Roger, but his transponder was in need of a charge........Still won the race though and the Scottish Championship...Yee Ha.....
cheers Stella
05-11-2002, 01:26 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

PS Just want to say that MST were Mega as regards the timing. My stopwatch "stopped" during qualifying on the R6 at the BSB round at Knockhill and the timekeepers were giving me times and his place through the window ??? so we could put his lap board out.....Mega service and most appreciated indeed.They were getting just about as excited as me think he qualified 4th !!!
cheers Stella.
I know what your gonna say Harvey "stella excited ? no way " Ha ha...
05-11-2002, 01:32 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

05-11-2002, 01:35 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yep your on the ball there Harvey !
night, night, Stella
05-11-2002, 01:36 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just a query folks and not to confuse matters ! But can a transponder be sold after you decide to give up racing?? would this process be easy enough and allowed??
Speaking to Andy Gow recently and he has one that will NOT be in used 2003 due to retirement, so does this mean that it cannot be used ever again?
Cheers John
05-11-2002, 10:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

05-11-2002, 11:15 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cheers Harvey! Well there is a transponder for sale folks! i dont need it either as these old bikes im riding dont need one!
07-11-2002, 07:16 PM