Drugs on the TT course?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Drugs on the TT course?
I was interested to see on IOM online that the
testing of riders at the TT and Manx GP may be brought in.
I was also interested to see that one of the guys sadly kilted in the collision at Ballaspur had traces of canabis in his blood.
Its hard to believe that anyone would ride while under the influence.
I seem to remember thought, that there were rumors of riders riding after drinking alcohol, some years ago.
Mike
11-11-2002, 05:47 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Drugs on the TT course?
It is very sad, isn't it? But many years ago, it was pretty commonplace for riders to be well over what we would now consider to be an acceptable level of alcohol, either because they were drinking on race day, or because they had so much the night before. Breathalising and banning is a relatively new practice, but frankly, anyone who fails should go and think about taking up tiddlywinks.
11-11-2002, 06:47 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Reference Drug Testing,

If motorcycle clubsorganisations accept any form of government sports sponsorship, they are obliged to accept drug testing.

Unfortunately in some sports competitors have claimed after positive testing that they were taking drugs under medical supervision.

I have served on a committee of another sport receiving grant aid from a government sports body and we had to accept drug testing. Before I agreed to accept same, as a representative of my members I closely examined the paperwork and was pleased to see that competitors, immediately prior to testing, were given a form asking them if they were taking any form of drugs under medical supervision.

Needless to say when I now hear some of the excuses of well known sports competitors who claim innocence that they were taking drugs under MEDICAL supervision, I wonder why they did not make this declaration on the official form.

I believe that the drugs testing is good for any sport and if the general public were told of this declaration form they may well think twice about some excuses offered.

Cheers,

Big D
11-11-2002, 07:58 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a revolutionary suggestion...I think all spectators at the TT should be breathalysed....starting with Big D, me, all the other ttwebsite party attendees, and Pykey if he's there!
Anyone found singing Willie Mcbride within a week of a road race will be considered to be in musical bad taste, and banned from all karaoke for a month!
11-11-2002, 08:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

karaoke
Have you seen me do the Shadows' numbers on the karaoke?
12-11-2002, 01:07 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

To me the TT itself is a drug--A drug that has me stuck on it for ever--
Test my blood and see what comes out !!

It was common knowledge that some riders took of the bottle before the race for a bit of a boost but I am not happy to think that a sport could allow intake of hardish drugs especially as the TT is the sport it is--

This day and age leaves nothing that causes surprise--

We need to stamp it out before it gets a hold !!!
12-11-2002, 01:31 PM