Swan Yamaha conclude positive Snetterton test
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Swan Yamaha conclude positive Snetterton test
[Image: swanyamahahdr2012.jpg]

Swan Yamaha's Tommy Hill returned to Snetterton today (Thursday) as the defending champion continued making the final preparations for his title defence as team-mate Noriyuki Haga utilised the time to learn the Norfolk circuit ahead of the May round.

Hill continued to work on fuelling and was able to set the second fastest time (supplied by team) and is feeling confident that after some further analysis back at the team's base ahead of his home round at Brands Hatch. Haga was undeterred despite feeling unwell and continued to learn the 2.99-mile circuit and believes he is now ready to race as he gets set for his MCE BSB debut.

[Image: tommyhillatsnetterton2012.jpg]

Hill said:

"It was difficult to get a clear run on track today as there was some traffic but we are definitely in the ball park of where we need to be. I am fairly happy as Honda have had two days here so you would expect them to be up there. The Swan Yamaha is feeling much better and I think we missed some good laps with red flags in some of the sessions. We have made good headway and I am fairly happy, we just need to fine tune the fuelling and then we will be ready for Brands Hatch."

[Image: hagaatsnetterton2012.jpg]

Haga said:

"Today was my first time on track here so to begin with I spent some sessions learning the circuit as this will be important for later in the season. My target for today was to learn the track and I am feeling very positive. We have tried some changes with the setting and what we can learn before Brands Hatch. Already now I feel I know the track and we have made a big improvement from Spain; I have good feeling on the Swan Yamaha and I am ready to race. Today I have just been making changes with the suspension and engine braking but I am happy."

24-03-2012, 10:13 AM
Website Find Reply