Samsung Honda set for season opener at Brands Hatch
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Samsung Honda set for season opener at Brands Hatch
[Image: samsunghondahdr.jpg]

Samsung Honda arrive at Brands Hatch this Easter weekend (6-9 April) as the team prepare to get their 2012 British Superbike and Superstock 1000 Championship campaigns underway on the 12-mile Indy circuit, located in Kent.

The team boasts an impressive record of three BSB titles in previous seasons and now with an all-new rider line up of Michael Laverty and Jon Kirkham, they are aiming to get their season off to a flying start after a positive pre-season testing programme at UK circuits.

In the Superstock 1000 class Jason O'Halloran returns for a second season with the team, after missing several rounds last season through injuries sustained at Knockhill. He lines up with Gary Johnson who competes simultaneously in the World Endurance Championship with the Honda TT Legends team.

Michael Laverty, Samsung Honda

“I am feeling very confident about the opener at Brands Hatch this weekend. The Honda Fireblade has been great since the first time we ran and after the recent test at Snetterton I know we have the package, the experience and the knowledge of past seasons. I am really looking forward to the first races and hopefully getting a pair of strong results for Samsung Honda.”

Jon Kirkham, Samsung Honda

“I feel ready for the first round after some great pre-season. I've got on well with the Samsung Honda Fireblade and I think after the steps we have made in testing, I can be up there now and challenging with the leading pack. It is a long season and I know the championship can’t be won at the first round but I am definitely after some silverware to get the season started!”

Jason O’Halloran, Samsung Honda

“This is the most excited and positive I have been about a season than I have ever been before and we have had some great days on track in pre-season testing. We are ready to roll and I am looking to turn the testing times into race results, starting this weekend.”

Gary Johnson, Samsung Honda

“I am a bit behind Jason in terms of track time as I have been on other duties as well but testing was great for us. I will be giving it one hundred percent and then I hope the results come. It has been good for me being able to work with Jason and having a team-mate definitely spurs you on.”

Havier Beltran, Team Manager, Samsung Honda

“We have new riders in the team, a new title sponsor and this is the start of a new future. There have been so many changes this year and as a team we have worked very hard over the winter to be in the position that we are in now. We aim to carry this momentum through to the opening round.”

05-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Website Find Reply