Hutchinson fighting fit for North West 200 return
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hutchinson fighting fit for North West 200 return
[Image: nw200hdr2012.jpg]

Yorkshire racer Ian Hutchinson will mark his return to full health by competing at the 2012 Relentless International North West 200.

The Bingley rider has been struggling with injury after crashing at the British Supersport Championship at Silverstone circuit in 2010. He injured his leg again in January during practice for a stunt show in London.

Multiple Isle of Man TT and North West 200 winner Hutchinson will be racing in the Superbike, Superstock, Supersport classes at this year’s meeting – a total of six races – five races on Saturday 19th and one on Thursday 17th.

It will be the first time Ian will be riding with Swan and Yamaha together at the North West 200. Swan Yamaha manager Shaun Muir said he fully expected podium finishes for Hutchinson; “Ian is a talented rider who has had bad luck with injuries but he’ll be fit for the North West 200 and we have high expectations for him. He’ll be competing in three classes and on three great bikes and I know he’s looking forward to getting back onto the North West circuit.

Racing with the Swan Yamaha team, Hutchinson said he is looking forward to returning to the 9 mile circuit; “My best North West 200 was back in 2006 but I’m back to win and the team have been working really hard on the bikes. I’ve been plagued by injury since 2010 but the cage on my leg comes off next week and I’ll be back on the bike before the end of the month. I’ve really missed the racing and can’t wait to the return to the North West.”

[Image: hutchy2012nwpromo.jpg]

North West 200 event director Mervyn Whyte MBE welcomed the news of Hutchinson’s return. He said, “Ian is a North West 200 stalwart and we are delighted he will be returning to the event. He’s a great competitor and sportsman and I wish him a safe and injury-free 2012.”

In 2006, Ian Hutchinson set the record for the fastest Supersport lap in the history of the North West 200. In 2010, he took victory in the second Supersport race as well as two runner-up placings in the other Supersport race, and also came third the Superstock race.

In 2010, he rewrote the Isle of Man TT record books when he won five races in a week. Last year, he finished 3rd in the Macau Grand Prix.

The 2012 Relentless International North West 200 Race Week begins on 14th May, with racing on Thursday evening (17th) and all day Saturday (19th May).

13-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Website Find Reply