Scottish Sports Hall of Fame
Anonymous
Unregistered

Scottish Sports Hall of Fame
The Scottish Sports Hall of Fame was launched yesterday, and in the inaugural first 50...the greatest Scottish sportsmen in the last 200 years...was Bob McIntyre.
Thanks to the campaigns and letterwriting of people like John and Jean Kiddie, and the SCMCRC, and I imagine also the SACU.
01-12-2002, 12:05 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Scottish Sports Hall of Fame
Please see my dedication picture of Bob--

I would be interested to see the full list of the 50--Is it anywhere I can access it please ???

pic on <A HREF="http://www.ttfan.com/bobmac.htm">www.ttfan.com/bobmac.htm</A>

02-12-2002, 08:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Try <A HREF="http://www.scotsman.com">www.scotsman.com</A>, and go to the Scotland on Sunday section, Ian. No other motorcycle competitors, I'm afraid.
02-12-2002, 11:27 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was very pleased to hear this news.
Bob Mac was probably the first rider that I took an interest in in the TT. He certainly was a great as far as I am concerned. I went with a friend (pillion from Hounslow to Oulton Park on jam pot suspension!) to attend the memorial meeting put on in his honour. He was so aggresive on the Hondas but my memory of Bob Mac will always be on that glorious dustbin faired Gilera.
Cheers Bob!
Oh, coincidentally? I have just ordered two more Rod Organ paintings for my collection. One is the evocative "Classic Paddock" showing Bill Ivy, Phil Read and Mike Hailwood chatting in the paddock at what looks like Brands. Also in the picture is Nobby Clarke. The other picture? "Great Scot" showing Bob Mac at speed at the bottom of Bray on? Yes ... the Gilera.
03-12-2002, 09:59 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I, too, have a number of Rod's pictures...too many to hang all at once. He certainly captures the moment and the atmosphere for me.
03-12-2002, 11:48 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Must say Mike in my opinion Bob Mac was the best rider i have watched in my lifetime there has been a few to come close but Bob Mac was awsome.
03-12-2002, 10:30 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are any of the 'Bob Mac crew' i.e. Joe Potts, Pim Flemming and Alastair King still about ?
04-12-2002, 09:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sadly, none of these 3 is still with us, but Dennis Gallagher, reputedly the last man to talk to him before his accident, is still racing...and WINNING. The most under-rated rider in Britain.
05-12-2002, 12:40 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Helen - Denis is a STAR and, I'm honoured to say, a good mate of mine.

There never was a safer rider to try to follow to learn a circuit - mind you, I never got more than two corners out of him, and he was gone!
05-12-2002, 01:27 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

He's the master of style, isn't he, Larry, and always approachable and pleasant to everyone. A real hero.He'd be most embarrassed to hear us say that sort of thing!
05-12-2002, 08:19 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Obviously in the true 'Bob Mac' mould, Bob had time for everyone.
05-12-2002, 08:52 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Embarrassed, Helen? He'd be bloody mortified!!!!!!
05-12-2002, 11:22 AM