READY TO ROLL
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
READY TO ROLL
[Image: ttmonsterlogobig.jpg]

Yesterdays official launch of the Isle of Man TT races ignited the touch paper ahead of the annual clash of the titans on the Mountain Course in June.

Honda TT Legends rider and 17-times winner John McGuinness was in bullish mood as he assessed his aspirations of securing further success on the iconic circuit, but a plethora of challengers were equally confident of their chances of upstaging the reigning Superbike champion this season.

McGuinness, who secured a premier class double in the Superbike and Senior races in 2011, said pre-season preparations for the TT were so far going according to plan.

“I feel confident, we’ve had plenty of laps on the bike during pre-season and at the Bol d’Or World Endurance race in France and hopefully we’ll be there again at the TT.

“I just love the event and obviously last year it was great to win in the big class again,”
he added.

“It never gets any easier but I know the bike well and it hasn’t changed much since last year, so we’ll go there again and give it our best shot.”

Tyco TAS Suzuki’s Guy Martin, who has yet to win a race at the TT, remains confident that 2012 could finally be the year when he makes his eagerly-anticipated breakthrough at the most important road race in the world.

“It’s not happened yet, has it, but it’ll come – it’s just a matter of when,” said Martin.

“The bike is much the same as last year and we’ll do our best – it has to come.”

[Image: tt2012openingpromo1.jpg]
Honda TT Legends star John McGuinness, Guy Martin of the Tyco Suzuki squad, Swan Yamaha's Ian Hutchinson and KMR Kawasaki's Ryan Farquhar pictured at the Isle of Man TT launch at Milntown House, Ramsey. The quartet will go head to head in all the races during the two week festival that runs from May 26 until June 8
PICTURE BY STEPHEN DAVISON

Northern Ireland’s Michael Dunlop, who won his second race at the TT in the Superstock class last year, feels lap records could tumble this summer in the right weather conditions.

“We won’t be too far away,” said Dunlop. “I had a run out on the Honda Superbike at Kirkistown and we’re getting there with the other bikes.

“I’ve always said I want to win the Senior and I’m feeling confident. We could have had a couple more wins on the board last year if it hadn’t been for one thing or another.

“It won’t be for the lack of trying and we’ll be there to push as hard as ever and if the weather is good then I think you’ll see lap records.”

Meanwhile, Iconic British manufacturer Norton confirmed that it would return to the TT with an all-new 1000cc V4 machine this year.

Reigning TT Privateer Champion Ian Mackman will ride the revamped machine in the PokerStars Senior TT on Friday, June 8.

The bike features a Spondon chassis with Ohlins front and back Brembo brakes and an Aprilia RSV V4 engine.

The Midlands-based outfit originally made a low-key comeback to the TT in 2009, just months after Stuart Garner of Norton Racing acquired the rights to the brand.

And although the team secured Michael Dunlop to ride their NRV588, they didn’t qualify for the Senior race after a disappointing return.

Mackman said: “It is a huge honour to be riding a Norton at the Isle of Man TT Races, following such iconic names in competing on the Mountain Course.”

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
19-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Website Find Reply