Jenny Tinmouth Thruxton Report
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Jenny Tinmouth Thruxton Report
[Image: jennjytnewheader2012.jpg]

Following their positive debut at Brands Hatch, Jenny Tinmouth and her Hardinge / Sorrymate.com Honda squad made further progress at the high speed Thruxton circuit last weekend with Jenny securing her first two finishes in the MCE Insurance British Superbike championship.

Having not ridden at the Hampshire circuit for two years due to Isle of Man TT commitments and never before on a Superbike, Jenny made the most of Friday’s dry conditions putting in 48 laps over the two sessions with her best time just under three seconds shy of front runners Ian Lowry and Josh Brookes. The riders were once again faced with changeable conditions and had to contend with a wet final practice before the one and only qualifying session on Saturday afternoon. In now damp but drying conditions Jenny ensured qualification for the following day’s two races.

[Image: jennytatthruxton2012.jpg]

Starting from 31st position on the grid, Jenny fought hard and completed both races taking a 26th and 27th place finish of the 33 competitors, her first two finishes in the premier class.

“The opening rounds of the series have been a huge challenge with a steep learning curve and I’m really pleased with the progress we are making, I’m delighted to get my first two superbike finishes under my belt and feel that we can build on these results and make steady progress as the season goes on. My team is working well and I’m really enjoying my riding. We go to my local circuit, Oulton Park, next where we have three races, so once again we’ll be aiming for further improvements.” said Jenny Tinmouth.

The next round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship is a ‘triple header’ and takes place at Oulton Park over the Bank Holiday weekend of 5-7 May with all three races broadcast live on television via British Eurosport.

Visit Jennys New Website HERE

Photography by - Stephen Gilbert www.planet2d.com

Written & Distributed by: Martin Knighton - Team Press Officer

(This post was last modified: 23-04-2012, 08:17 PM by Malcolm.)
23-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Website Find Reply