Great test tickles of fire – Haga set for Oulton Park return
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Great test tickles of fire – Haga set for Oulton Park return
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Noriyuki Haga's previous visit to Oulton Park was nothing short of spectacular; entering the event as a wildcard, the Japanese ace rode through a blazing trail of flames on the warm up lap left by Vince Whittle's crashed machine to start the race. Eight years later he returns with the Swan Yamaha team and is determined to make amends for the disappointment of Thruxton.

Haga has yet to secure a podium finish following the opening three MCE BSB races, with a best result of tenth in race two at Thruxton after he was forced to retire in the first. The former WSB contender and team-mate Tommy Hill face a tough opening race next weekend, with the grid positions already decided from the postponed Brands Hatch race, the Swan Yamaha pair will start from the fifth row, but Haga admits he is ready to come out fighting.

[Image: hagafireoulton.jpg]

Haga said:

"I am ready for Oulton Park and my focus continues to be for me to do my best every time I am on track. Brands Hatch was one thing, Thruxton was another but Oulton Park is a new weekend and I hope that we can improve again. I have raced at the circuit before but that was in 2004 and I can't remember it too well as that was eight years ago, but for sure I am going to try and learn it again quickly and then fight in the races. I think the circuit should be better for me and we can have a strong performance for the Swan Yamaha team."

Oulton Park hosts the third round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship on 5/6/7 May.

Weekend tickets are available in advance for just £31 with free entry for children 12 and under.

For more information or to book visit www.oultonpark.co.uk or call 0843 453 4000.

26-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Website Find Reply