Laverty: We just need to get stuck in!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Laverty: We just need to get stuck in!
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Samsung Honda's Michael Laverty scored his best 2012 result with a sixth at Thruxton, but after setting the pace pre-season he admits that he has now forgotten the disappointment of the opening races and is ready to focus again on securing podiums starting at Oulton Park next weekend (5/6/7 May).

Laverty's bad luck started at the opening round when he missed out in qualifying and started 21st on the grid before crashing out on the opening lap, meaning he will start the postponed first race at Oulton Park from the eighth row of the grid. Laverty though remains upbeat and confident that he can turn his title challenge around in the three races in Cheshire.

[Image: lavertythruxton.jpg]

Laverty said:

"I am ready for Oulton Park now after the break between this round and Thruxton. I know it is going to be a tough first race with the grid position from Brands Hatch but there are lots of opportunities to pass at that circuit, so I am not too worried. I have forgotten what has happened so far, because we want to look forward and we know that we have a good base set up that should translate well to Oulton Park; we just need to get stuck in! A lot of people have asked me about the first three races and there are reasons for everything and we have had some bad luck too. We will be looking to pick up with the settings we finished testing with and then we should be able to get into our stride and have a clean weekend with some good results."

26-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Website Find Reply