Brookes sets sights on triple helping
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Brookes sets sights on triple helping
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Tyco Suzuki's Josh Brookes became the third race winner in as many races last time out at Thruxton and now with confidence high and just two points off MCE BSB Championship leader Ian Lowry in the standings the Australian is targeting a triple race victory at Oulton Park (5/6/7 May).

Brookes has yet to win a race at the Cheshire circuit but fired up for the next round he is hoping he can accomplish the feat that only MCE BSB champions Ryuichi Kiyonari and Leon Camier have achieved in the past by winning all three races. Brookes will start from the front row for Sunday's opening race and believes that the Tyco Suzuki team are ready to carry their winning momentum to Oulton Park.

Brookes said:

"It feels like it has been a long two weeks off, especially for me as I want to be riding all the time. After two weekends at Brands Hatch then Thruxton you feel like you want to be building up to the next race, especially coming after the win in the last race. The win has definitely made waiting for Oulton Park easier as there has been a buzz with fans and the team so now we are hoping to pick up where we left off. In the past I haven't really had any success there so my aim is to definitely put a new spin on it and change that.

We will be building on the confidence we showed at Thruxton; the Tyco Suzuki was working really well and when it is like that it makes my job easier. You know that the efforts from everyone paid off and now we need to convert that from Thruxton to Oulton Park. The three races in a weekend is something I find good for me personally; like I said I always want to be riding or racing so the extra race is a big bonus. The front row start for the first race from Brands Hatch will also give us that added confidence and I want to be able to have a triple win for myself and the Tyco Suzuki team. To win three races would be a real achievement and not many riders have done it. That would be the result we are looking for at Oulton Park."

Oulton Park hosts the third round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship on 5/6/7 May.

Weekend tickets are available in advance for just £31 with free entry for children 12 and under.

For more information or to book visit www.oultonpark.co.uk or call 0843 453 4000.

01-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Website Find Reply