Champion faces uphill challenge in Oulton Park opener
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Champion faces uphill challenge in Oulton Park opener
[Image: tommyhilloulton2012.jpg]

MCE Insurance British Superbike champion Tommy Hill faces a challenging opening race at Oulton Park this May Bank Holiday weekend (5/6/7) with a fifth row start for Sunday's battle but the Swan Yamaha rider admits he is ready to come out fighting.

Hill lies fourth in the overall standings after his pair of second place finishes at Thruxton last time out and on his return to the Cheshire circuit is eager to notch up his first wins of the season in the triple header event.

Hill said:

"I think so far this season it has been a bit of a learning curve for everyone with the regulation changes. We certainly learnt a lot from Thruxton and I think the use of different tyre combinations was a bit of a variant; Brands Hatch was obviously difficult conditions so I think at Oulton Park we could see things turn around again. We had a pole position and a race win there last season so I would like to think that despite the changes we can have another strong performance again.

"I think that in the first race I will have a lot of work to do as I am starting from the fifth row as that was the one from Brands Hatch but we will just have to push as hard as we can and then set ourselves up for the next two races on the Bank Holiday Monday. We missed out on the win twice at Thruxton so we are going out to change that at Oulton Park."

05-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Website Find Reply