Supersonic BMW Racing Team at Oulton
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Supersonic BMW Racing Team at Oulton
[Image: supersonicraceteamlogo.jpg]

Supersonic BMW Racing Team completed another successful weekend of the 2012 MCE British Superbike championship, this time in Oulton Park, Cheshire. The team has shown its strength and huge potential having brought home two Top-5 finishes, a front row start and a big chunk of championship points for the manufacture. Tommy Bridewell made history not only for BMW but also for himself as he had never started from the front row in this class before. The team is now over the moon and promising that more is yet to come in Snetterton in a couple of weeks.

Race 1

Rain started to fall just before the first race of the day and riders, having not ridden in wet conditions this weekend, were allowed a few laps to see how the track felt. Both Tommy and Patric were confident following their great performance yesterday and both made a fantastic appearance on drying track again today, Tommy coming in 7th and Patric in 8th position, starting from 5th and 14th respectively. Both Supersonic riders were fighting from the start to the end and Tommy's final lap (1:46.616) meant a 4th position and a front row start for race two later this afternoon, while Patric secured his best ever BSB finish.

Race 2

The track dried out and there was a lot of pressure on Tommy Bridewell, whose front row start was the best ever qualifying position for BMW in this class. Tommy did not have a good start and lost a few positions, however, he managed to fight his way up again and stay in touch with the leading group until the end, crossing the line in 5th position. His fastest lap, 1:36.371, was the third fastest lap of the race and fastest of all in third sector. Patric, starting from 14th on the grid, battled for some championship points in this breath taking race and came in 14th.

The team is very happy and proud of their performance having now officially joined the top teams in the championship, making a rapid start in their premier season in BSB. Tommy Bridewell now lies 7th in the overall standing with 46 points and Patric Muff 19th with 14 points. The show will continue in Snetterton in a couple of weeks on 25 - 27 May.

[Image: tommybridewellatoulton2012.jpg]

Tommy Bridewell:

The conditions were tricky in race one. Track was drying but we had to go on wets. 7th position was as good as we could do. The bike was working well and I felt comfortable. We had a poor start in race two to be fair, which was a shame from the front row so I had to keep calm and stay focused to pull it back to 5th in the end. I made some good moves on other riders so it was a really good race and leaving with two 5th places and a 7th is pretty good for me and the team as Patric did also very well. I think everyone is happy with how it all worked out this weekend.

Patric Muff:

After a good warm-up session this morning where I finished 11th I felt confident for the two races. It started to rain just before the first race so all of a sudden we had to change everything. My crew decided to change the whole set-up and after a 10-minute free practice we were ready on the grid. I had a great start, a good first lap and was on 9th position. The bike felt good and I was able to run with the guys in Top-10. I ended up 8th, which is my best result in BSB so far. Second race in dry conditions was all right but I was not able to get more than a 14th place. All in all I had a really good weekend. I was in Top-15 in every session and I hope we can build on these results in the future. Last but not the least - big thanks to the whole Supersonic Team because they did a great job!

Danilo Soncini:

I'm really happy. My expectation was not so high at all. We came here to improve and build up some experience but it did not come to my mind before this weekend that we would become one of the best teams here. We were consistent in both wet and dry, good qualifying , good race? Both Tommy and Patric did a great job and scored many points for the team and also for BMW in the manufacture standing. I'm over the moon!

08-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Website Find Reply