Pearson opts out of North West 200
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Pearson opts out of North West 200
[Image: michaelpearsonfaceon.jpg]

Lisburn’s Michael Pearson will skip the North West 200 to compete in the Horice road races in the Czech Republic.

Visit the Horice Website - HERE

Pearson finished sixth and fifth in the Open and feature Superbike races at the Tandragee 100 but was denied a podium finish in the Supersport event when his D&GW/Carryduff Forklifts Yamaha suffered a loss of power while he held third place on the final lap.

Although he eventually managed to restart the R6, Pearson limped over the line in 10th position.

“I had sore ribs from my Cookstown crash and when I was out in morning practice, the big Honda bottomed out in the Bombhole section of the circuit and I took an awful knock,” said Pearson.

“But we decided to give it a go and went out in the Open race. I was locked in a battle for most of the race with Derek Sheils as we more or had the same power and neither of us was for giving in.

“We swapped places time and time again, but in the end Derek was able to hold me off and we had to settle for sixth place.

“I was confident I could hold onto third place in the Supersport race after passing Derek, but coming out of Cooley Hill on the last lap, the Yamaha lost all power and that was it.

“That was disappointing as third place would have been a personal best for me at Tandragee,”
added Pearson.

“The Tandragee 100 Superbike race was basically a re-run of the Open race and for a third time it was again myself and Derek Sheils who where locked in battle, this time for fourth place. I thought I had done enough to take fourth but Derek got me on the brakes at Bells Crossroads on the final lap.

“Now we have a bit of a break and my next outing will be at Horice in the Czech Republic and I’m really looking forward to returning again.

“I’ll be taking out both my 600 Yamaha and the Superstock Honda, so hopefully I’ll be fully recovered by then.”

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]

10-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Website Find Reply