Non Male TT Participants
Anonymous
Unregistered

Non Male TT Participants
Has anyone got the supreme and accurate list of every female who has seen fit to challenge the men at the TT as passenger or rider please--

My list is incomplete

Who can help ??
13-12-2002, 10:57 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Non Male TT Participants
Ian,

Would it help if you published the names you have unearthed so far and this would let subscribers add any missing names (with details) to assist in your research?

Good luck in your research,

Big D
13-12-2002, 11:59 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I already have a long list but it is incomplete because in the late 70s to early 80s there was a minor glut of girl passengers who seemed to fill the gaps left in the printed programme------I keep good records but this period was not kept as accurately as the rest of my fine collection !!

So it is that time of the TT that is hazy, so anyone who rode,passengered etc I would like their names and for whom they rode, passengered
14-12-2002, 09:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ian, I have a nice snapshot of Inge Stoll-Laforge at what I beleive to be the 1954 TT. She passengered for Jacques Drion, and I am told that she suffered fatal injuriues in a crash in Belgium, but I am unsure about that bit. Its a pity there is no way of posting the odd photo on the site, what fun we could have! Seasons Greetings.

14-12-2002, 11:02 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is a way, Jake! If you mail it to me, I can have it posted, with a wee story, on the main page of the site.
15-12-2002, 12:34 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The picture of Inge Stoll is now available for viewing at Ian Huntly's site <A HREF="http://www.ttfan.com/inges.htm">www.ttfan.com/inges.htm</A>
The photo was given to me by Harry Grant, for use in the Book, but her image needs to be seen by many more people than will read it. Harry will be happy.
She was the darling of the Press at the Island events, but no bimbo. A very talented passenger, who just happened to be a lady. Note the word, Lady!
I have a few other photos which may not be used in the Book, and may put them on our Club website after it is finished.
I need to speak to some of the 'older' ex competitors who did our events, as well as the more recent ones, so get in touch with grandad, you never know, he might have been a star in his day!
And, we did scrambles, trials and sandracing, and grasstracks too!
16-12-2002, 08:29 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

'ello

Here is one for you if you don't have it. Wendy Davis, first female driver in 1996 I think it was and partnered my Martin Roberts (least I think it was roberts...lol) sorry Martin if you read this Smile

She has been out of racing for a couple of years now but don't be surprised to see her make a return soon.

Regards.

Fitz.
24-12-2002, 06:32 PM