MARK BUCKLEY TO CONTEST NORTH WEST 200 WITH SPLITLATH REDMOND
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MARK BUCKLEY TO CONTEST NORTH WEST 200 WITH SPLITLATH REDMOND
[Image: splitlathredmondlogo.jpg]

SPLITLATH Redmond is to make its Relentless International North West 200 debut next week with Mark Buckley riding one of its Aprilia RSV4 machines.

Buckley, of Loch Lomond, Scotland, will return to one of his favourite road racing events on board a stock RSV4 in a bid to get to grips with the Aprilia ahead of the Isle of Man TT.

This will be the first time the Splitlath Redmond name has appeared at the famous Irish road race, and Buckley will contest the Superbike and Superstock races, despite riding a standard stock bike.

“This isn’t about going out and winning, this event is a mixture of fun and getting some serious practice on the Aprilia ahead of the TT,” explained Buckley. “I’m not bothered about the results, I’m bothered about learning more about the Aprilia on the roads.

“I’m on a Superstock bike but I’m going to do the Superbike races on it too because I think any practice will be valuable at this point.”

Last month Splitlath Redmond announced Buckley will contest the 2012 Isle of Man TT fuelled by Monster Energy alongside Mark Miller, having traditionally run his own outfit.

Having tackled Ireland’s largest sporting event more times than he cares to count, he admits he can’t wait to get back out on the 8.9mile track when the event roars into action next week.

[Image: markbuckleyprofilepic.jpg]

“I just love the North West 200, it’s an incredible event which is so different to any other. I made my first appearance there in 2003 and I’ve had a few top 10 finishes over the years. I love it so I keep on going back.

“Everything about it is brilliant. I love the location, I love the people, everything. It’s events like the North West which made me take up road racing.

“As I say, I’m not under any illusions that I’m going out there to run at the front. This is a chance to learn more about how the Aprilia behaves on the roads and we can take a lot of data away afterwards to help us get the bike ready for the TT.

“I’m just pleased to be able to compete at this year’s North West 200 as I thought for a while I wouldn’t be there. I have to thank John and Derek at Splitlath Redmond for making it happen.”

Team co-owner John Dimbylow believes Buckley is the ideal man to make the team’s North West 200 debut.

“This is a completely new event for Splitlath Redmond but if there’s a rider who knows what he’s doing around there, it’s Mark Buckley.

“Mark hasn’t yet had a chance to ride the Aprilia and with the TT just a matter of weeks away this is the perfect opportunity for him to get some decent miles under his belt. We’re sure he’ll do a magnificent job in Ireland and we’re proud to have him flying the Splitlath Redmond flag.”

The 2012 Relentless International North West 200 action gets underway on Tuesday, May 15 with daytime practice, with more on Thursday. Thursday evening will see the first two races, with the main event and other races taking place on Saturday, May 19.

11-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Website Find Reply