BOB MAC PLAQUE + Pics
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
BOB MAC PLAQUE + Pics
I am hoping that my little project will come to fruition when the plaque, commemorating Bob McIntyres near miss in 1961 will be unveiled on Wednesday, one week from today at the Sulby Glen Hotel ! SEE YOU THERE
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 13-06-2012, 01:23 PM by Malcolm.)
23-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Website Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
RE: BOB MAC PLAQUE

Ian, I must congratulate you (belatedly) for organising the Bob Mac plaque. As you know, Bob was my childhood hero, and I'm delighted his meteroic lap is being recognised in this way. And thanks also to Rosie for agreeing to it being placed at the Sulby Glen. Ian, my mobile no. is 07768 050281, could you drop me a line, I would like to make a contribution to the fund. Thanks.
Sorry I won't be at the TT, I'll be at the Manx. Hope you have a great time.
23-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Find Reply
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
(23-05-2012, 10:06 PM)NickJ Wrote: Ian, I must congratulate you (belatedly) for organising the Bob Mac plaque. As you know, Bob was my childhood hero, and I'm delighted his meteroic lap is being recognised in this way. And thanks also to Rosie for agreeing to it being placed at the Sulby Glen. Ian, my mobile no. is 07768 050281, could you drop me a line, I would like to make a contribution to the fund. Thanks.
Sorry I won't be at the TT, I'll be at the Manx. Hope you have a great time.

Nick, you will be missed !
24-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Thank you Nick, I will phone you from the Island...Will miss you but I might try the Manx this year !!
Crazydance

Bookingfor 2016 !!
27-05-2012, 08:06 AM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

My sincere thanks to everybody who have helped me to realise a dream..

Particular thanks must go to the Christians (Eddie and Rose) who cleared it with me so that I could hang a plaque on their pub wall, Then it was welcome advice and help from some good people who could see what I wanted to do.

Then it was those people who contributed to the production of a beautiful plaque and to the company "Sign of the Times" who took great care in getting wording etc completely correct.

Then to Malcolm who helped me to publicise this idea.

The people who turned up to witness the unveiling and to Bruce Anstey who gave up precious time to make my day by coming to unveil it with me.

I am hoping Malcolm will put a few pics on this site to show the ceremony. Thank you all again....

My next project is to produce a plate/plaque for the Hailwood Centre showing all of Mikes successes on the Island......Too many people asked "who is Hailwood ?" while actually sitting in the centre next to the replica 1978 Ducati this year !!! Please help with this now ....

[Image: bobmacplak1.jpg]

[Image: bobmacplak2.jpg]

[Image: bobmacplak3.jpg]

[Image: bobmacplak4.jpg]

There you go Ian, I will do a pdf of this for you shortly.
Crazydance

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 13-06-2012, 01:23 PM by Malcolm.)
13-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Website Find Reply