Gilera at TT 2003 ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gilera at TT 2003 ?
2003 will be the anniverary year of the 1963 Gilera return under the management of Geoff Duke (Scuderia Duke)-----

In this, the 80th year of Duke, would it be possible to have the Gileras at this years TT either from Gilera, or at least a token lap of George Beales and/or Sammy Millers--

Pure NOSTALGIA--

Please Mr Robinson, do your excellent job again !
Please make it possible.............
06-01-2003, 01:30 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Gilera at TT 2003 ?
Alas, Ian, the Parade Lap is no longer in the hands of the TTRA and the excellent Allan Robinson.

The ACU have taken it over, and with Mr Hansen in charge, I think we all know what that means . . . . . . . .
06-01-2003, 04:21 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gilera are set to make a racing return at TT 2003 with Jason Griffiths at the helm I hear.

Paul
06-01-2003, 05:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Les Graham, 50 years on.
Talking of anniversaries, (Gilera at TT) see Gerardo Bellia's posting "Les Graham DFC". Can anything be arranged to celebrate the 50th year of Les's passing? He was after all the first 500cc World Champion, and was a true gentleman of the Sport.
Perhaps son Stuart would be happy to see such an event, and might help? I am sure that Gerardo could arrange something too, and he has a contact or two!

Gerardo,Ian,Larry,anyone;- A technical problem has caused the loss of all my incoming E-Mails since Friday, apologies. If you sent me anything, please repeat!
06-01-2003, 11:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Isn't it Benelli that Jason is rumoured to be riding for next season ?
07-01-2003, 06:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah - sorry!
07-01-2003, 06:56 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Les Graham, 50 years on.
Hello Jake,
Good Morning to All ,
First of all I’d like to thank all the people who partecipated with their messages to the forum .
I was sure that Les Graham was never be forgotten by his fan ,although the press didn’t give him the right credit after his tragic death .His fairness,his tenacity and his love for Motorcycle Sports has been a model for all those enthusiastic (and riders . . . .)who had the chance to see him and to meet him .
I believe that his death has left a void in this sport that could never be filled .
Regarding the Les Graham’s Commemorative Anniversary I’m sure that Mr.Allan Robinson and his Staff are very able to arrange something right for the purpose and if they agree I’ll be very pleased to give them my suggestion .
Looking forward to see further messages , opinions ,suggestions etc .

Kind Regards

Gerardo Bellia

08-01-2003, 05:16 PM