Silverstone 200 beckons for Byrne ahead of Knockhill
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Silverstone 200 beckons for Byrne ahead of Knockhill
[Image: pbmuknewlogo.jpg]

Paul Bird Motorsport will be out in force at the Hertz British Grand Prix at Silverstone this weekend with the Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki MCE BSB line up of Shane 'Shakey' Byrne and Stuart Easton lining up in the new Silverstone 200 support race ahead of Knockhill next weekend (22/23/24 June).

Byrne lies third in the overall MCE BSB standings and after spending time training in Spain since assisting the PBM UK team with a test of the Aprilia MotoGP CRT machine he is relishing the chance to get back out on the superbike this weekend. Double champion Byrne believes that the team's appearance in the Silverstone 200 support race could prove to be a big boost when it comes to the critical penultimate round of the Showdown in September.

Byrne said:

"It has been a nice break in Spain since Snetterton but to be honest I am looking forward to cutting the trip short to come back and race at Silverstone this weekend! It is an important event for the Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki team as we can use it as a test before we get to the Showdown round there later in the year. I love the circuit and always have done, but last year we rocked up and it was the point where I needed to turn my Showdown around after the crash at Donington and it just didn't happen. The PBM team said we had the chance to do the Silverstone 200 race and I said I will be there! One hundred percent the extra track time this weekend should help us be in a better position to achieve the results we need when we go back later in the year."

15-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Website Find Reply